Mazda MX-6 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all, I'm Gary from Rainham essex
I've got a sick mx6 v6. I know the gaskets need replacing as I have oil in the back bank of the leads. Ive got new leads.
When its warm it runs like its done on one cyl. No acceleration and all jumpy
I also found a pipe missing from here
ImageShack - Image Hosting :: image1bg7.jpg

I fitted one in its place but could have been wrong diameter as it made things worse. Took it off and been running without, but once car warm its all jumpy again

Any ideas what this pipe does?
Cheers

Gary

·
Premium Member
3,602 Posts
Hi Gary and welcome ..

Ok, the pic shows what should be the Fuel pressure regulator solenoid. You should find it has a vacuum pipe running from a nipple on no.6 inlet runner to it, and then from it to a small dish shaped item at the end of the front fuel rail, this is the FPR.

If the pipe from the no.6 inlet runner is left open and disconnected, you will create a vacuum leak. So you need to either have it connected to the solenoid, or direct to the FPR.

Grab yourself a 12v LED and a paperclip, and follow this link to read off any codes stored by the ECU .. reading ecu codes .. and shout back any you get.

Paul.

·
Registered
2,101 Posts
Note to noddy : MUST TYPE FASTER!!

Welcome to the club Geeza, if you need any parts shout me up as i'm breaking an mx6 at the moment (see the for sale section).

Sounds like you've got a few issues but they sound fairly easy to resolve so good luck with it chap.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts