Mazda MX-6 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,306 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey guys, I'm in the market to replace my stock catalitic converter. I have 2 choices, either a staight pipe or an aftermarket cat. First of all, who will give me the best HP? I know with a straight pipe I might not pass emmissions but that's OK, I get it done by a local mechanic anyway. I'm looking for something that will be better for the car as far as mileage and will ad power to it. Any suggestions?

·
Registered
1,601 Posts
Go with a good aftermarket cat like Random Tech, it is just not worth the 1 hp you may get with a straight pipe. Besides that you are doing your part to help keep the air clean. :)

W

·
0 Posts
cat back

I have GReddy EVOloution cat back exhaust on my 93' and I love it. I have been through many different exhaust types, and I think that cat back is the way to go.

G

·
0 Posts
Read what I wrote on the other post about straight pipes at the top of the performance mods page.

G

·
0 Posts
I just replaced my cat with a Emico Technologies Inc. Part #37404(cat 905) Barrie Ontario Canada (705)727-1133 $150 Cdn funds. So far I am pleased. It also meets US EPA emissions.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts