Mazda MX-6 Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,217 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well it goes like this...I just noticed i have an exhaust leak....actually two...one in front and one right behind the cat...so if im gonna have two welds made im going to put a better(more powerful?) cat in. I have no idea how much they run or who makes em....this is for my 88 mx-6 GT...Keep in mind im KEEPING my factory endtank. I dont feel like paying someone to weld a nearly 140,000 mile stock cat in... Any ideas?

Eric

·
Registered
2,421 Posts
You can get a Cat Co Hi Flow cat for about 75 bucks, direct fit, gives it a nice little sound when you take off.

·
Registered
1,217 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
hey
thats by far cheaper then i though it'd be....where can i get one? do they increase power? Im the kind that doesnt care what the exhaust sounds like as long as i can hear the engine...but if this gives it an equal note, then COOL

Eric

·
Registered
1,601 Posts
With the cat-co don't you have the have the ends welded on? I know I have a Random Tech cat. Cost was a bit over $150. It was a direct bolt on.

·
Registered
2,421 Posts
with the cat co, you can get direct fit or universal, direct bolt on is like 75 or less while universal weld on is much cheaper, get one at www.summitracing.com , not too much sound from 'em but a nice tin can sound when you take off from a dead stop, nothing too rice-y

·
Registered
1,217 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
see i dont care about how the exhaust sounds, i much rather hear the engine(and the turbo!)....i just think it'd be worth it to put a different cat on NOW as opposed to when mine goes bad and having the welds made twice...

Eric

·
Premium Member
3,962 Posts
I've actually heard good things about the Catco cat. Hard to believe considering it's price though.

·
Registered
1,217 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I just might get one...though i have to buy new struts first(handling comes first, then i can get rid of that obnoctious fart noise)

Eric

·
Registered
2,421 Posts
I'd definately recomment getting a Cat Co, geez, for the money just get a direct fit one. Very nice for the price.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts