Mazda MX-6 Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
247 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I did a search for this and couldn't find much info relevent to us Aussies.

There are posts in the 1st gen forum suggesting a Fram G7393 fuel filter instead of the standard one as it has a higher flow rate. Is there an equivelant high flow fuel filter available in Australia?

Google searchs revealed this filter is from a 92 - 01 Isuzu Rodeo. Would an equivilent Ryco / Valvoline fuel filter for the Rodeo work? Any other suggestions?

·
Registered
247 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Well I bought a Valvoline VF6 filter which is the recommended filter for the Rodeo 3.2L V6. It's a fair bit smaller then the original one and was only $10.
Equivilant Ryco filter is Z200.

I'll see how it goes.

·
Registered
247 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Well I replaced the filter this afternoon with the VF6, and it works fine. Can't say I notice more power, but definately idles better.
Definately a good choice for a filter considering how cheap it is compared to the 'genuine' one.

·
Registered
4,334 Posts
Was the better idle because you no longer have a blocked filter? Or because the new one is better???

Tripharn

·
Registered
247 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
Probably because it was a new one, not because it was any better.

The fuel that drained out of the old fuel filter was brown! Yuck.

Oh I should also mention that the new filter WILL still fit into the original bracket, however the bit where the hose attachs to on the Engine side of the filter does not bend over like the original one it goes straight up, so you would need to stick an extra bit of hose in to have it reach the standard hose, or replace the hose altogether. I didn't bother and just zip tied the filter to the side of the bracket.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts