Mazda MX-6 Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,426 Posts
He's asking if Mazda would give someone a new car if they got a very high mileage out of the one they had. Like if someone got a million miles, would Mazda give them a new car, like as a prize.

Answer:
I seriously doubt it, unless they decided to use your story in a TV commercial. And I doubt they'd want you in a TV commercial, because I don't think Mazda wants any of their old cars shown on TV.

·
Registered
2,421 Posts
That would actually be an interesting concept, i've heard of dealerships and car companies refurbishing older cars with unreal amounts of miles, like a 60's beetle with a million miles on it, or toyotas with 500k....but with some TLC and a lucky year i bet an mx6 could stand the test of time....Without a doubt if you brought your mx6 to a dealership with like 500k on the odometer they'd probably be amazed.

·
Registered
1,994 Posts
U know why they last longer????? my belif is due to less of that BS tech stuff (refering to V-TEC, etc). our engines are built puerly on enginering(sp?) knowlage rather high-tech BS

·
Registered
1,426 Posts
VTEC is hardly "hi-tech BS". It allows you to run an aggressive cam at high RPM, and a less aggressive one down low, so you maintain low down drivability and a good idle. Just becuase there are some dumb people driving hondas doesn't mean everything about honda is dumb.

·
Registered
1,426 Posts
Now understand I'm not a huge Honda fan or anything, but I do think they make good cars.

I'm already aware of Mazdas history with racing - they won Lemans once, however I want to point out that Honda has just as much if not more racing history.
Honda was racing all the way back in the 60's with the S600 and S800 (cars you never hear about anymore - look them up on the net), plus they've almost always been involved in Formula 1. Actually, they supply engines to both the Jordan and BAR F1 teams right now.

·
Registered
1,984 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
you're right

I think Honda the best Japanese car compagnie.

But I just don't like the picture of the people you buy Civic. They have too much people who think after a Civic Si is the end of the world.

Mazda do great car when they don't have any Ford in it.
Nissan to make the more powerfull compact car.

·
Registered
1,994 Posts
uummm...... i probably said thing in a very strong languageXO, what i meant is that there is no need for Mazda to reinvent the wheel to make their engines good. by no means i didn't meant that Hondas are bad, persanolly i would love to geet my hands on a Prelude:rolleyes: . while saing that, im not a great fan of V-tec simply because there are similar systems that will work through out the full RPM range, not kick in after 6500RPM. Toyotas VVT-i uses similar system to V-tech but full band response.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts