Mazda MX-6 Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,679 Posts
have u had any problems with the engine yet. have u had any work down to it. i have 165000, still going, some what. it is pretty strong, it gets me where i want to go. so that is all good, i dont race so, i will hav emine a long time. after i get out of school, this is going to be my car for life. i will have it Ged up for all to see, i cant wait.

·
Registered
73 Posts
IVE GOT 109000 ON MY 93 I SURE HOPE IT LASTS AS LONG AS 200000 OR MORE I WOULD BE SO PLEASED

·
Registered
57 Posts
225,000!!!

I have you all beat bad! Get this... 225,000 miles on my 93 MX-6 LS. And the bad girl can still outrace alot of cars! Unfortunately the transmission had to be replaced, but that was at 222,000 miles, and the engine still runs great!
Needless to say, Friday I'm buying another MX-6 with 70K on it, and the pour guy has no idea how long this baby'll last! hehe, just thought I'd share!

·
Registered
1,679 Posts
want happend when the tranny went out on u. how much was a new one. did u go with an after market one. i have heard some stuff about them.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Hehe, thanks man, yeah, she still runs damn good too! Isn't that outrageous?! The new trany came to $2000 even with 3 mounts replaced at $60 a pop! I fixed the trans. 2 months ago with a one year warranty, so there's no telling how long it'll last or if there are any problems, but if they backed it up to a year, I'm sure they did an alright job!
JPMX6GT I've been to your site a few times and I just wanted to say, when I buy my new MX-6 in 2 days, I'll be using your site to help me with my mods! I'm also constructing an awesome mx-6 site as well. My current site is http://www.division-seven.com, check it out!
And in conclusion, I think I just might have the oldest 2nd gen out there, we bought it right when they came out, it was the demo car with all options possible, including wood grain and a 6 disk changer, the engine was also supped up from what the dealer said, but I don't know enough about engines (yet) to say what they did, but what ever it was, she's still kick some ass, fords, hondas, etc.! I love this car! :)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts