Mazda MX-6 Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi I just wanted to find out if any one makes or supplies you guys/girls with High Stall Torque Converters?

If so where can I find some info on it?

Many Thanks

Ian

·
Registered
4,460 Posts
No... Mazda and Ford supplied us with garbage automatic transmission, so there's little point in upgrading part of an already weak piece.

Most people just swap to MTX, myself included.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Well not yet,

I build and supply about 50 clubs with Furnace braized, stock or higher stall (what ever the buyer wants) re-enforced, cnc welded and ballanced units.

I have access to a few different years of the MX6 auto converters, and would rather see them being custom built for individuals rather than being remade to stock figures and sold to trans shops that build them into the price of your rebuild.

My most common street unit is a 2400rpm flash stall (your stock flash stall is around 1600-1700rpm) which keeps stock drivability till you pass around 75% throttle where you will then feel it stall up alot faster during pull off giving you added RPM to access power and added torque multiplication.

Here is the link to the converter specs and pricing www rezlo com (you can add the dots :) )
Please excuse the website, im an engineer not a IT expert

Im not going to advertise here, I just want to let your club know that if you need a converter because your trans is being rebuilt or you would like that added bit of strength or a higher stall to get you off the line faster I do have them available for your vehicles.

On a closing note, remember the NO:1 reason for a auto's faliure is heat, slap a inline trans oil cooler to your car, you can get a B&M or similar for $40-50US at most parts stores.

Ian
[email protected]

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
No no one yet from this club has baught a converter from me, your welcome to go look on the club3G eclipse forums or many other forums you can find my units being sold on if you do a yahoo search on it,

Tell your friend to drop me an email, i will give him a below cost price for the first unit i sell to this club if he gives a write-up explaining his opinions on the product, the installation and the difference it makes..
Ian

·
Registered
1,235 Posts
Rezlo said:
No no one yet from this club has baught a converter from me, your welcome to go look on the club3G eclipse forums or many other forums you can find my units being sold on if you do a yahoo search on it,

Tell your friend to drop me an email, i will give him a below cost price for the first unit i sell to this club if he gives a write-up explaining his opinions on the product, the installation and the difference it makes..
Ian
:tup: to that idea. pm me a offer of what you want to do then ill ask him then ill paypal the money for him. Hit me back though he seemed very interested.

·
Registered
564 Posts
Get a 5speed stick shift. If a torque converter full stall is at a higher rpm isn't that just going to raise the temp of the ATF. The mx6 is notorious for having a cheap ass atx, the higher fluid temp will gernade the faster, IMO.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Yes it is a common thing for a higher stall unit to heat the oil up more, a properly made unit that doesnt just have the stator re-cut does how ever not heat it up as fast as a poorly built unit but it does still warrent the need for a trans cooler as mentioned above.

I know all about FWD's with weak trans's I run a Chrysler Cirrus with a 3L supercharged Mitsubishi engine in it, already ran into the 12's on my Mopar 604 sludge box,

1 - 12 of 12 Posts