Mazda MX-6 Forum banner

21 - 32 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
4,157 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
ademan did you make custom exhaust manifold to conect the HX35 ? And what did you do with radiator fun (do you have standard one or did you change it to make room for hx35)
And what HX35 do you have (there are many cainds of them ) maybe you have any information of yours. especialy what is the exhaust housing 12cm 16cm ?
Best regards
There is more than enough room to fit T88 turbo between the motor and stock radiator , you just have to get rid of the stock radiator fan first. then you set, you can relocate the fan in front of radiator(slimmer fan will do or use the stock condenser fan.

I use a hx35 8 blade, the exhaust is .63 a/r, I used a standard stage 3 t3 exhaust wheel and bore it out to fit holset wheel. but you can bep housing for holset, its readily available .

·
Registered
12 Posts
Thanks I ordered thin radiator fun and will relocate it in front of radiator thenks for advice :)
I have also question about the clutch in yor car do what caind of clutch resist this amount of power ?
Best regards

·
Registered
4,157 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
Thanks I ordered thin radiator fun and will relocate it in front of radiator thenks for advice :)
I have also question about the clutch in yor car do what caind of clutch resist this amount of power ?
Best regards
I dont think its a good idea to downgrade to a single core (thin) radiator, I will keep the stock gt dual core radiator and just relocate the fan .Just my opinion.

As for the clutch, I used ACT extreme race clutch. or Maxx extreme race clutch, either one will do, one is rated for 560tq and the other 680tq

·
Registered
12 Posts
ademan thanks i will do that. In slim i ment the slim fun not the radiator somethink like this
http://fmic.pl/1603-thickbox_default/plaski-wentylator-16.jpg
If stock fun will fit in front of stock radiator i will relocated it there but I'm afraid it will not because in front of stock radiator I have bigger then stock intercooler
https://imageshack.com/i/9e20090722058j
Thanks for info of your clutch.
For now I have two turbochargers on my shelf one is Garett TB0338 other is chines t3/t4 and for now I thnik beter chois will be the TB I will add the 440cc injectors from supra 7mGTE from calculations it sohuld give me about 330-340 HP plus NX nitrous plus DIY full progressive controller (controle is capable to change the amount of nitro shot depending on the gear and RPM )
Best regards

·
Registered
4,493 Posts
Bear in mind the Supra injectors are Low-Z. You won't be using those on a stock ECU.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Yes I know that but thanks :) Supra injectors are low impedance but by adding 10ohm resistor to each one you can drive them from stock ECU
Best regartds

·
Registered
4,493 Posts
Yes I know that but thanks :) Supra injectors are low impedance but by adding 10ohm resistor to each one you can drive them from stock ECU
Best regartds

If you're going to do that work, why not just get high impedance injectors for dirt cheap that don't require such things? RX7 460s, RX8 420s, etc etc etc.

Bonus with the RX8 yellow injectors (They can be found around $100 for a set of 4) is that they're EV6 injectors, which is FAR superior to the awful old school EV1s that everyone is using on these cars.

·
Registered
4,493 Posts
Where RX7s fit, RX8s right. F2 uses Miata fitment injectors. Any of the awesome injectors those guys use, we can use.

·
Registered
2,329 Posts
Ademan, is running about 16psi on a hx35 going to spool nicely or should I be running higher boost on that turbo?
You're question doesn't make sense, boost starts at 0psi and works it's way up, you are not going to hit 20psi faster than 16psi.
If you are running the same trim and size turbine and same A/R turbine housing you should build boost at the same rate as Ademan depending on the flow of supporting mods.
Power isn't just a matter of boost pressure, it's a matter of air volume at whatever pressure, the more air the turbo pipes and intercooler, throttle body, head, exhaust manifold, turbine housing and exhaust can flow the more power(air) per PSI you will get.

If you want to know at what pressure the compressor flows the best (most power per psi) you will have to look up the Holset HX35 compressor map.

And remember the F2T might be unique but all gasoline, forced induction engines work on the same set of principals and same set of rules, it's all really is universal and specific at the same time. You can find answers and idea's all over the internet and learn how to use this info with the F2T. Every engine tune pulls timing and adds fuel as horse power increases, at what rate differs by each engine design.

21 - 32 of 32 Posts