1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
7,061 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well It's funny these cars

let me re-cap my Mx-6 drama

First the box went for like a 4th time.
$5000 plus Chryogenics and few other things like modded oil pump.

Then $2400 for suspension ($100 was for front bushes )
Plus new /2nd hand lower control arm used for a ball joint.

3rd Car alarm not installed yet $799.

Revamped sounds system
15inch sub -$500 (I got for Fully sick bankstwon price $300)
New 450WRMS 2ch bridged amp $400 ( or agian I'm getting it for about $200)
New wireing - 2guage (oh yeha bigger the better like my feet)$100* ;)
1farrad cap- ;) about $150 i think ? I don't know ful price but it's a got a voltmeter
Add another 2channel amp. $100
This is just for my ears and I can't help myself.

To make this all screwed up, I think something has gone in my motor, I'm getting power loss and weird boosting. I think maybe turbo just started to go maybe my injectors but something is not right. Plus another hidden vacum leak.
Doen't life just reward.
oh yeah The wagon needs another $500 thrown at it as well.

Life well I was about to say sucked but I just looked at my TV and Video hits was on, went from Sugarbabes to Holly. Maybe it doesn't suck that much.

Oh yeah on the suspension Car feels great. being still at level height the progressive springs are really good. I have more front end grip. But the overall ride is better then I expected. The nolathane bushes in the front lower control arms skip the CD more but I can live with that, I just now need my buckets seat and harness for my real bum rumbler.

·
Registered
1,153 Posts
i must say that i sorta admire you rod.

i think i would have given up after four boxes. guess the mx has a place in your heart hey?

·
Registered
7,061 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
XsKaPe said:
i must say that i sorta admire you rod.

i think i would have given up after four boxes. guess the mx has a place in your heart hey?
Well I plan to get 5G back form the bad box builder. Taking it to MTA and if notihng, me Old man knowns alot of Fair tranding guys so advice will be easy on that.

But yeah it's got this thing in my heart, same with Wagon, even looking at a New Mazda 6 Wagon it would be hard to let go of it.

I still remember Year 7 on the way too school,
* Rod reminces *
I just a firght day before with this big Islander guy, Lesbina Teacher stopped it before we got right into it, I just walked over to the shop to pick a Magazine to read as we had ot read something in Roll call. I saw the cover of what was a good mag Hot4's *good in those days* As friend of mine told me his Cuzins frineds CRX was on the cover and sure it was. Mr CRX and Mr.CRX2.
I grabbed it & playboy for latter, plus some snacks.
I ran across the park to catch up to my mates SNAIL & MINA (or the pubic hair of a female body part was his nickname, in Greek but)
Okay the good bit. I get in to the roll call, and pull out the mag and start reading or looking at pictures (I didn't start reading untillsix months latter) I come across about 1/4 into the mag and there is This RED 1st Gen Mx-6 I think 4WS but could have been 2WS didn't say 89 model but. It had plates NSW rego LETHAL, with Red inserted 355 momo copy 5 spoke Wheels. It had modded head cam and forgeys, T3 VL turbo and sotck cooler. HD clutch and good suspension setup in Sunrise Red respray. IT WAS A MACHINE, after that I knew and I said to everyone at school, my first car will be a Turbo or a Rotary. I kept my word first was the MX-6. My mate kept his word said V8 monaro Kingswood. Everybody else talked and talked and talked but no one put the money were there mouth was. The Magzine I made a mistake and chopped it up and with Sports Illustrated Swinsuit 95 issuse, pictures all over my Folder , as you did. I had the folder which every guy borrowed ? Might have just been the magazines hidden inside but. It's somewhere in my box of school stuff proberly with a my hidden notes and get out jail cards ETC.
But I always knew MX-6 Turbo was on the list, I think I just fell in love when I saw it. Funny I have neve gotten that feeling every again. Oh except that wild time at the olympics, might have jsut been the spirit, you know cracking beer on your heads wet and nude bodys ETC lots of sweet and next morning wakign up on the wrong side of the harbour? And I walked the whole way home too.

·
Registered
215 Posts
Funny you should mention that rodhog but I found that copy of Hot4's a while a go, ofcourse I perminantly borrowed it from where someone had purposely left it. But that same article made me want to get a 1st gen, but when it came to getting a car I couldn't find a manual in good conditon so I had to let go of that day dream. Good to see someone followed through with it though :D

1 - 5 of 5 Posts