Mazda MX-6 Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
247 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

I just bought a MX6 that has a kenwood system installed, with an amp, 4" splits at the front and 6x9's at the back. Sounds pretty good, but there's a fair amount of static/hissing coming from the 6x9's.

Any ideas for what I should look at in order to fix this? I'm not very experianced with car audio.

·
Premium Member
3,023 Posts
Describe the "hissing/static" and the setup ion more detail. Is the amp running everythiong, or just the fronts or rears? Is there a sub somewhere? Is the "static" more of a crackling sound, or a hissing? Is it constant, or intermitant? Does it change charactor or appear/disappear altogether with changes in volume or other signal changes?

Happy to help.... ;)

·
Registered
247 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Ahh .. I looked into it a bit, the 'hissing' is actually just noise coming from the head unit that the amplifier is well ... amplifying.
I've reduced the problem by lowering the amplification factor on the amp, and increasing the volume on the head unit. Obviously quality is affected however.

I need to figure out if it's the speaker cables between the headunit and amp, that is causing the static, or the head unit itself.

Incidentaly something else weird is happening. When I start the car with the radio on, it doesn't turn on straight away, but rather turns on between 1 - 5 minutes later (seems random). To get it to turn on I need to turn the head unit off and on a few times.

·
Premium Member
7,196 Posts
Well, I guess my problem is similar, so I'll post in here.

My rear speaker makes a sort of "popping" noise every once in awhile. it doesn't happen very often, but it is kind of annoying Could this be something as simple as a loose connection, or is it an early sign of the speaker going out? It still sounds the same when I turn the volume up...just random pops

edit* It did it again on the way back to st louis last night. it sounds a lot like morse code if you can imagine that.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts