Mazda MX-6 Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
483 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Dear guys,

I would like to know if there is an air filter cover for an HKS aftermarket mushroom air filter? So it could cover the hot air from the engine and also if water might get into the filter.

thanks,

Anthony

·
Registered
1,679 Posts
i have the hks super maga flow intake for my 6 and i would like to know this as wel i was thnking about getting the prm intake

·
Registered
3,167 Posts
In the spring, summer & fall I've usually used a Hotshot CAI with a K&N cone. I was never really happy with the arrangement because the filter sits very low to the ground. It gets dirty very, very quickly (and it's not just "dust"...when I tap the K&N out all sorts of gravel and bugs and junk falls out). Also, it's definitely susceptible to engine-destroying water ingestion.

With my MAF setup on the V6, going back to the factory air-box for winter is impossible (unless I remove the MAF and go back to VAF again) and I certainly wasn't going to try the Hotshot with all the slush, snow, salt-spray and whatnot we get around here. So the other day I went out and bought an HKS Super MegaFlow and put that right on the end of the MAF under the hood. It's right beside the distributor cap.

Anthony, I've got no concerns at all about water ingestion now. If water is going to get into the intake where it is, the car will be windshield-deep in water anyway... And though I'm sure sucking the hot radiator air isn't helping power, it's not as bad as I imagined...it helps that ambient temps are quite low (0-7oC lately).

Still, I too would like to get cold air to the filter. I was thinking of roaching up something really ugly under the hood that would make use of the factory fresh-air duct that runs across the rad-support and something to enclose the HKS and connect it to the outlet of the duct. I can see some bleach-bottles, duct-tape and dryer hose in my near future :D

G

·
You are on the wrong thread

Not to be mean, but LiL SwtAznBoi21, you put this post under the wrong thread...this is talking about something totally different...thought it was funny, but I am sure the guys and I will find it in our heart to forgive you....since you are a rookie! Hehehe....just messin' with you...peace.
-krazy-

·
Registered
483 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Dear Mike,

Thank you very much for the response. you have a good idea to use the air induction kit on top of your radiator and possibly connected something to the air filter. I'm planning on doing that. you gave me a great a idea. Also, tomorrow, I'm visiting the Mazda dealer because I had called about a question of the paint cracking on my hood. It wasn't repainted, but you should read this, they asked for my VIN number Mazda USA and what happened I have a recall for the what was called, the air intake vent kit and also my airbags...so you should call mazda as well to see if your car needs to be recalled. Thanks again!!!!

thanks,

Anthony

·
Registered
236 Posts
Dryer Hose

speaking of rigged up dryer hose-- look at my web page's pics, I added a new one :)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts