Mazda MX-6 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
9,228 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know theres people on this board with the HKS cat-back.
I use to have it, I made the mistake of selling the muffler.

Id like to pick up a similar muffler, or if I can find the HKS muffler. I miss it, its old school/JDM-EDM and thats the style Im going for now. Ive been looking into the mufflers/cat-backs used on AE86's but those arent cheap. Plus, Im not planning on getting a cat-back and ditching the midpipe.

Could someone post pics of the muffler for me?? Thanks a lot.

I have pics of Brendan's (Longboarder) car. Looks so clean!!!
I painted mine black also. That silver was too bright.

If anyone could, Id like a side shot. From the passenger side.:D

·
Registered
3,821 Posts
I'll get you a shot or 2 when I get home

·
Registered
9,228 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I may be getting something like this. I doubt I will find the HKS cat-back "muffler" itself.

I like the first one the best. If anything I'll paint the canister black, leave the tips. Or the whole thing black.

This is the kind of muffler Id LOVE to get!!!

·
Registered
1,278 Posts
thats what makes the look awesome.. looks stock but sounds meannn

·
Registered
3,821 Posts
tyler886 said:
Whats so special about them? Look way too stockish for me.

-Tyler
I think thats a good thing on our cars. The patato launchers just don't look good on our boxy rear ends

·
Registered
9,228 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I think thats a good thing on our cars. The patato launchers just don't look good on our boxy rear ends
Yea.. One of the main reasons why I want an old school muffler. Ive been trying to make my car so "new school" when I shouldnt have. Its old and needs to show it off. Hahaha

Everyone tells me my side exhaust fits my car so well. I mean, it does look pretty nice. And the rear looks good with nothing there. I dont know, decisions.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts