Mazda MX-6 Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,013 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Browsing for clutches I found this listing on Overboost.com. I haven't seen it before, so I don't think it's leftover from a past time. I haven't gotten a chance to write them to see if it's for real (I saw the piece then imediately came to post...I'm such a dweeb...)

Here's the link

Looks like there's a twin plate with solid hub for $500, a spring hub twin for $600, and a solid hub triple for $770. Says GD Clutch pro...near the bottom...

any thoughts?

·
Premium Member
4,971 Posts
magik8 said:
...hopefully new struts, mounts, exhaust, TB boot, and rear rotors would be a higher priority ;)
Yeah, thanks for reading my signature, though I think the TB boot problem will be fixed soon when I find a new hose.

·
Registered
1,901 Posts
Nobody ever thinks about the engagement when they get a clutch. Those are for race only apps. Driving on the street (say...to work or school) would be a huge bitch. It's either engaged, or disengaged. Has any of you drivin a car with a three puck in it? There is no possibility of a smooth shift into first.

Just letting you know.
-Chris

·
Registered
1,013 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Well, yeah. I'm not saying that I'm gonna go drop some money on the things. It's just good to know that If you're getting serious there's more options than just an ACT. AS far as engagement goes, I thought the hub being "sprung" had something to do with that as well. I mean, the EVO has a 3-puck clutch from the factory, and as racecar as it is, it is still supposed to be a daily Driver. I think the twinplate with the sprigns in the hub would be as liveable as others have found the SBC 6-puck.

·
Registered
2,421 Posts
The SBC 6 puck is quite light. Very streetable, seems to be getting even lighter as I break it in.

·
Registered
1,901 Posts
HotRodMex said:
I mean, the EVO has a 3-puck clutch from the factory, and as racecar as it is, it is still supposed to be a daily Driver.
Yeah, but it has to be replaced about every 10,000 miles and it's $$$. (Or was that a different Mitsu?)

-Chris

1 - 8 of 8 Posts