Mazda MX-6 Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I changed oil to a 10w30 full synthetic and re primed the lifters. With the dual valve spring set up and aftermarket cam there's no lifter tick. It did tick with 5w30 though and for the first hundred miles on the new oil. Woohoo

·
Registered
2,364 Posts
I am glad you managed to get the dual valve springs and hla's to work together.
Why where you running 5w30 engine oil? Why are you running 10w30 engine oil, why are you bothering with synthetic oil?

You should run quality conventional motor oil 20w50 (10w40 in the winter if it really cold) and change the oil at 3000miles or when the smell of fuel in the oil get strong (whichever comes first).

There should be an oil weight to temp chart under the hood you don't run and in the owners manual and work shop manual...

Also based on your words and reality, priming the lifters does nothing because they prime themselves and in your case it took 100miles to do so.

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the oil recommendation! To be honest I don't know much about oil so I should also do some reading on that. I don't drive my car in the winter here in the Denver metro area. It only sees mild sunny days as its not my daily and it doesn't have ac.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts