Mazda MX-6 Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
have any of you guys not been able to run to red line before? somehow someway all of a sudden i can't go pass 4.5rpm. any got ideas? i know it's not the cam, all i can think of is my cap and rotor.

·
Registered
1,601 Posts
One of the things I have heard cause this is a leak in the pipes; other than that I don't know. What happens at 4.5rpm that prohibits you from going to redline?

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
it's not the pipes manifest. their brand new with clamps also. i just installed them. my turbo kit is from racingmazda.com. he's got some serious shiet man. that turbo is huge!!! too bad i can't boost it yet. i think i've got a boost controller problem now though. i'm only boosting 3psi and it feels like the stock turbo at 10psi. can't wait for it at 20psi!!!!!! anywayz, when it hits 4.5rpm, it acts like it as if it's at its rev limit. i've got a rev limiter too and i got it set at 6rpm. it hops back and forth at 4.5rpm. i don't know what it could be. i'm going to try out a new cap and rotor tomorrow and see how it goes. hopefully it'll be all that it needs. i'll also let you guys know how racingmazda.com's kit goes too. right now all i've got on is the downpipe and you can hear that turbo wine loud as hell!!!!!

·
Registered
375 Posts
After I installed my TKT T3/T4 turbo, mine did that too. I havnt found out what it is yet cause I blew the intake manifold gasket, and blew a hole in the metal coolant line, the one right under the oil feed line to the turbo. I have troble codes come up, but havnt had time to check them. I think it might be detonating, and the knock sensor is kicking in. I might try retarding the ingnition. Who knows? Keep me posted on Racingmazdas kit.

·
Registered
1,190 Posts
could i see a picture of this kit from racing mazda? My car also stumbles at 5000rpms, i thought it could be the cam or valves but the mechanic/retard said it could be the timing. Who knows, it all happened after i got a rebuilt head put on by this mechanic/retard. I am going to check into leaks and the distributor...what lines should i check for leaks? the intake boot and lines? How could i plug any cracks to make sure thats what it is? keep me up dated on your findings gtn12s....oh yeah my car isn't turbo...

·
Registered
47 Posts
Hmm, my car always go way up to the 7900 rpm if I want it to.... no stutters at any point...

·
Registered
47 Posts
Yep, 2.0L DOHC 16v... Iss a hell of a beauty... Once I had fuel cutoff at like 7400-7500 rpm. But that does not happen any more, It just revs all the way up to forever, well, at 8000rpm it actually does cut the fuel, but I rarely do drive it that high... except when racing of course....

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
a leak in fluid won't do it, but air will. our timing is electronicly controlled, well at idle. i don't believe that retarding or advancing the timing is going to do anything. i've never had to touch that. it sounds to me more like it still is the cap and rotor. i should've done it today but got too busy to do so. hopefully i'll get to it tomorrow. i've replaced cap and rotors before because of that reason and it worked out fine. just not sure bout mine that's all. i replaced it just last summer so i kinda doubt it but who know's.

AS for racingmazda's turbo kit, when you see it, you'll blow yourself. turbo is huge and i mean huge!!!! That TKT turbo is nothing compared to it. TKT has like a T04B housing, racingmazda has T04E. turbine is also like twice the size of TKT's. i know because i had a TKT, blew it up in one summer due to the fact that the damn factory wastegate won't hold it!!! and i compared it side to side. BIG BIG difference guys. exhaust manifold, the pipes or runners are even bigger than the exhaust ports on the head!!! i was impressed by it. he even makes a dump pipe for the wastegate to blow the hot air out below the motor!!! you won't see that a lot on external wastegates. intercooler pipes are nicely, beautifully bent and colorful (2.5in). gives you a HKS racing bov also. mounts and installs perfectly with no imperfection. intercooler fins are big also, 3 times the size of the stock one. he's coming out with one that's even bigger to. one that will take up the whole front end from headlight to headlight. that'll be awesome. his kit comes complete and you won't have to improvise anything to make it fit unlike TKT's. all and i mean all hardware comes with it, clamps,hose,fittings, all that you need to make it work. hopefully i figure out my problem soon so i can boost the hell out of it. he said i could too!!! turbo holds up to 450hp. i'm shooting 70 shot direct port nos into it and making it boost 20psi. see where i'm at now. he says at 8psi your running high 13's and at 16psi you're supposed to be at high 12's. so i'm guessing i should be like low 12's or high 11's with his kit. i'll let you guys know when i'm done with it.

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
sorry guys but no pics. i totally forgot to take some. i was to happy when i saw it and was anxious to install it so i forgot to. i'll ask him if he has a site where you guys can go look at it.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts