Mazda MX-6 Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Premium Member
9,394 Posts
That's not really a viable question because all of the hockey players who play in the USA are Canadian anyway.

I mean, it's all you have to do in that snow encrusted no-man's land you call home anyway. Other than building igloos of course.

·
Registered
2,331 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
hey hey hey hey!! Best player in the NHL to have ever lived? Wayne Greztky. Correct me if I'm wrong, but he's a Canadian! Crosby(said to be the next Wayne Gretzky-i doubt it but:shrug:) = Canadian. OK, My favorite Player and GREAT guy in person, Alex Ovechkin. Russian...but still, More Canadians than Euro...bitch please!!!!!

·
Registered
2,145 Posts
what is so fun a bout sliding arround on ice beating the shit out of eachother and pling with sticks. I really just dont get sports much in general. what is so much fun about watching it, a total wast of time.

·
Premium Member
9,394 Posts
Go play some video games Fatty. No wonder you were picked last in gym class. :p

I would much rather play a sport than watch it any day. Playing sports is a TON of fun if you are with people who give a [shizzle] about it.

The same argument can be made about ANY sport.

Soccer = Kick a ball around a field. Try to score the most points. (I played for 13 years)
Football (American) and Rugby = Run around a field and beat each other up to get a ball down the field into the designated scoring area
Lacrosse = Hockey without the ice except you use a stick with a net on the end to move the ball.
Track and Field = Run and jump fast or high to be the first one across the finish line or the highest jumper (I pole vaulted for 4 years, talk about a sport with a simple objective...)
Tennis, Badminton, and Volleyball = Hit a ball back and forth over a net until someone misses it or hits the net.
Baseball and softball = Stand around in a field and try to catch a hit ball while the other guy runs around the bases as fast as they can.
Bowling = Throw a ball down a wooden lane and try to knock over as many pins as you can.
Darts = Throw darts into certain areas to earn points. The most points wins.
Pool = Hit all your balls into the holes to win the game.

Shit, even things that people don't consider to be sports are more fun to play than watch. Playing chess is fun but watching it is super boring. Hungry hungry hippos is more fun to play than to watch other people play isn't it?

Even watching video games is a shitload more boring than actually playing them. How many computer nerds do you know that actually share their computer or game console when the have people over? I haven't met very many.

·
Registered
2,331 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Chef gives me the impression he's not on EITHER side:p. Watching sports isn't that fun, but when you suck at it and can't perform well enough to play, you have only that option left. Trying to tell us something pearson? I have GREAT fun getting frozen vulcanized rubber shot at my face at 90+ MPH. :D

·
Registered
2,041 Posts
I was always good at sports, better than the jocks, but for some reason I got picked on like the nerds...so I hung out with them:shrug:...whatever, American hockey teams suck!
american college teams? american junior teams? american international team? or american NHL teams?
elaborate.

american NHL teams dominate the Canadian ones, so stfu lol. Every year the playoffs hit i cheer for any and all Canadian teams in the playoffs. In hopes that the cup can come home. But the last Canadian team to win it was Montreal in 93. So, typically, we AREN't the best. when it comes to NHL anyways.

World juniors we dominate though. After the juniors, our good players get bought by the large abundance of american teams vs Canadian teams.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts