Mazda MX-6 Forum banner

HOLD function/ anyone know how 2 disconnect it?

652 views 1 reply 1 participant last post by  Mike 94PGT 
G
#1 ·
I responded to the previous thread about the hold light. I am also desperately trying to find out how to disable the hold function. Dealer & trnsmission shop says tranny is OK, but they don't know how to keep the HOLD light/ function from coming on by itself. when this happens the transmission drives like crap. Any ideas would be GREATLY appreciated. Kevin.

#2 ·
Kevin Nivek said:
I responded to the previous thread about the hold light. I am also desperately trying to find out how to disable the hold function. Dealer & trnsmission shop says tranny is OK, but they don't know how to keep the HOLD light/ function from coming on by itself. when this happens the transmission drives like crap. Any ideas would be GREATLY appreciated. Kevin.
Whenever the HOLD light comes on, it's the PCMT (powertrain control module - transaxle) telling you it's detected a fault in the transmission itself or with one or more engine sensors. It's not the HOLD function itself that's the problem, it's one or more of about 16 other possible reasons.

To find out what the problem is, go to my web site and click on Maintenance, then click on "Malfunction Codes" and follow the instructions to get the code(s) out of the PCMT.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.