Mazda MX-6 Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My transmission works fine until the HOLD light on the dash starts blinking. Then the car drives terrible. Does anyone know why this might be happening, or how I can disconnect the HOLD option on my transmission. Please help, Kevin

·
Registered
416 Posts
yes, i can see your future......i see.....i see....a new trany. sorry man, but those things don't last that long (60-70k)unless you service them all the time and throw a cooler on it. but for your new one, def get a trany cooler, i think its only like 40-50 bucks or somewheres around there.

·
Registered
84 Posts
My tranny went out less than 2 weeks after I first got my 6. I think at that time it had like 68k miles on it. I was about to leave work one night and I got in my car and it was like it wouldn't come out of park. I tried putting it in neutral and pushing it but it still wounldn't move. I ended up having to get the thing replaced but fortunatly it was still under the dealer warrenty and I didn't have to pay for it. I need to look into getting one of those tranny coolers. Good luck though.

·
Registered
475 Posts
90k miles and my auto tranny has yet to give me anyreal problems thank god. I do plan on gettingthe transmission flushed soon because i hear it helps extend the life of our fragile auto's.

·
Registered
672 Posts
Ive been lucky with my ATX...
Here in Australia we dont seem to have that much of a ATX problem with the MX6's.

Ive asked a few MX6 owners and they seem to have no probs.

Lucky I think :D

1 - 6 of 6 Posts