Mazda MX-6 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
recently when i was driving out of nowhere my hold light started blinking on and off. has anyone had this happen to thewm or does anyone have any expeience with any kind of stuff like this ?

·
Registered
49 Posts
Yo man, u might want to do a search on HOLD LIGHT,
but i think usually when it starts blinking, that means
that your tranny is about to take a big dump on you. I had to rebuilt mine months ago, but never had the light blinking, (thats how bad mine was).
Later,
Will )ToyMX6

·
Registered
475 Posts
yep, u should get your tranny checked ASAP! This normally is not a good sign.

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
ya today im gonna take it to the shop to find out whats going on but i recently bought and installed a tranny cooler but it didnt really help so i guess that it was too late but if you have an atx and you have not invested in a tranny cooler i would as soon as possible. they are really cheap and easy to install.

G

·
HOLD light

I am having the same problem. I have taken it to 2 transmission shops and the dealer. No one can tell me what the problem is. They both say the transmission is good, but they don't know why the light comes on or why it goes into the HOLD mode on it's own. If anyone knows how to disconnect it please let me know. Kevin

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
ok i went to the dealer and come to find out my tranny is toast, my af meter is broken (which is y my cel keeps coming on), and my o2 censor is going bad. in english that means about 3300 dollars. which means screw the atx and time to swap it out. 2300 dollars cheaper and a hell of a lot faster and more sporty.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts