Mazda MX-6 Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,994 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
call me insane but i love the thing. after reading older posts on the topic ive desided to gou out and giv it a try....................baby my baby flys. normally with hard acceleration in a distance i reach about 100-120km/h, yesteday with hold and manually swithching gears got up to 130 in the same distance........sweeet :)

·
Registered
405 Posts
i really dont think the car is faster, though it does feel like it. i use the hold system quite a bit too, i need to stop b/c i know it isnt good for the tranny. i mostly use it to downshift when trying to stop quickly.

·
Registered
1,994 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
nathstx the thing that i love is hold system on ATX it allows to down shift, main purpuse i belive, but do not follow :). it also allows to drive it like a manual...L first gear( if you wish can go to 6000rpm it want change, dont recomend that though), s is second, d is third and then you swithch it off while in d an tranny swithches to forth. sweet but i agree with smachan it cant be good for the trany.........then again whay would they put it there in the first place? :)

·
Registered
261 Posts
Aaaaahhhhh, the hold system, if you know what youre doing, would actually be better for the ATX. I find the ATX Computer's program to be a little rigid, indecisive and old.

·
Registered
1,994 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hey mazda-head sounds you use it a lot. some tips for rooky maybe(rps best to change etc etc)?
thanx

·
Registered
261 Posts
Blind Freddie said:
Hey mazda-head sounds you use it a lot. some tips for rooky maybe(rps best to change etc etc)?
thanx
heh heh heh - well i used to use it alot when I drove my moms car (before I had mine) and I would alternate between hold and auto modes... depending on traffic situations. I almost always used hold on my way home from work on a certain part of the highway when traffic slowed to a crawl... I'd either keep it in first for moving up a few feet every now & then or second for rolling along... it kept the RPMs up and the juices flowing.... so to speak and it help when braking after the whole line of traffic moves and stops. It doesnt do any damage to the ATX, I think it even saves it from wear (keeping it in one gear for everchanging traffic conditions).. it still shifts just ok, regardless of my moms stop & go driving and standing in gear for upwards of 45minutes!! (damn thing musta gotten pretty hot a few times!!!!!) I think one internal seal in it was damaged in the summer a couple years ago (it was standing in gear on a hot day for about 1.5-2hrs) and that causes a delay from the shift from 1 to 2 and now; also when it tries to downshift from 3rd to 2nd under light acceeration, it hits first and the RPMs shoot up then it slams right back into 3rd, only to repeat that process... like its bucking... it'll stop only if you a) floor it or b) let go of the gas completely...the thing is suicidal!!
Anyone else have that problem? or one similar?

·
Registered
375 Posts
Heres another good tip if you have an auto. Dont rev it in neutral then slam it into drive, you might peel out and if you pull the hand brake make some smoke, but your trany will hate you so much it will commit suicide. My friend did this to his Neon alot untill he got on it and the car just sat there reving. I fanaly grabed but later down the road at a stop light, the trany gave up on life and spewwed all its blood on the street. I only recomend it if your intentionaly tring to f--k up your car or if its still under warantee. Happy reving, later.

·
Registered
261 Posts
These cars have anti-neutral dropfunctions... If you floor it and put it in D,S,L it goes to 2nd gear just to reduce the impact then to 1st quickly...

1 - 9 of 9 Posts