Mazda MX-6 Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,021 Posts
Lol...when I took off my factory spoiler, I just stuffed a lot of bondo-hair into the hole untill it filled up. Then put a layer of bondo over the top and sanded it down untill smooth and un-noticable. There are probably better ways to do it, but that was my method and it is holding up good.

·
Registered
148 Posts
i shaved all my logos and filled them in with bondo also. since the holes are so small, they will be way easier than the larger spoiler holes.

·
Registered
1,025 Posts
i went in from the back with some stuff called Quicksteel Epoxy and formed that through the back and the filled with Dynaglass with fiberglass hairs in the exterior side. Then used glazing putty and sanded that down all the way up to 1500 grit sand paper. Smoother then a hot chicks @$$! and looks like there was nothing ever there.
I Also did this for the key hole on the trunk and the Antenna.

·
Registered
2,522 Posts
eXtreMX-6 said:
i went in from the back with some stuff called Quicksteel Epoxy and formed that through the back and the filled with Dynaglass with fiberglass hairs in the exterior side. Then used glazing putty and sanded that down all the way up to 1500 grit sand paper. Smoother then a hot chicks @$$! and looks like there was nothing ever there.
I Also did this for the key hole on the trunk and the Antenna.
Ohh it's widow.... nice.... hows the major constrution going?

·
Registered
1,025 Posts
Its not going the greatest for i have no time to work on it sadly. I hate School and work :( but how else will i pay for it? I just bought new 17 inch rims and a stainless steel brake lines, dimpled and slotted Brembos and they look sweet behind it. Im sanding down and painting the calipers too but its so freezing cold out and my garage isnt heated :( It snowed today.

·
Registered
2,116 Posts
imo the best way would be to weld over the wholes then grind and sand it down. but thats unnessary. bondo-hair followed by sanding then by lightwieght bondo and more sanding should work fine and hold up great. good luck :tup:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts