Mazda MX-6 Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
WOOO HOOO!!! I just finished installing my short throw shifter. I paid NOTHING!!! I know a welder that helped me out, and my cousin who has done this same mod to his mx3 to help me with the procedure. I got the welder to add on an extra piece of bar to the bottom of the shifter rod, then I hacked off some of the top. Now I have a true STS, that looks nice and short on the interior too! I am really pleased with the results. It's too bad I don't have a digital camera to show you guys everything (I'll try to borrow one soon). Trust me, it's amazing! Email, PM, or just reply if you want details on this install.
Easy

·
Registered
5,550 Posts
Hi! taitonator
I’m very interested in this mod. I’m hoping to do it ASAP, I could do pretty good weld, I’ve only got an arc welder, How strong does the weld need to be?
A Pic. Of bottom end of shaft and dimensions of pieces added/removed would be cool. And what did gauge/type of steal did you use?
Thanks Mate
OH ! you can borrow my camera if you like :p
Mr. MX6

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
hey, i just moved in yesterday so I havent had any time to get a camera to post pics. Thanks for the offer of your cam, but I dont think I make it down under right now. I didnt do the welding myself and dont know what metal was used. I added 7/8 of an inch to the bottom. He just cut it, and added that piece in. His welding is really strong though. He's been welding for years. I dont really know what else to tell you. It is an easy mod and I'm surprised more people dont do it. Hopefully i can get ahold of that camera soon.
Easy.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts