Mazda MX-6 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi there, I currently have a conical filter, and I intend making my own intake system, the problem here in South Africa is, there is a lack of intakes like hotshot prm etcetc, I am quiet impressed with the Prm setup, because we have alot of rain here in S.A. If possible does anyone have the diameters and lenghths of the intake tube for the Prm, what else will I need in order to build this intake? With the PRm setup, what perf gains are there in terms of hp (ie true dyno figures), Your help will be most appreciated.

Regards
Fazel

[Edited by fazelmoosa on 02-13-2001 at 03:17 PM]

G

·
0 Posts
First thing is your Car a v-6 or 4 banger? If it's a four it has to be fabricated. I can make one for you very easily. Let me know if you need the help.

G

·
0 Posts
The best thing in my opinion, since you do get a lot of rain. Will just be to get a cone filter with an adapter. It'll sit right under the hood. I have mine like that and I noticed a big difference in power. There are many websites you can order them from. Even better, try contacting JPMX6GT, he has a V-6 and probably still has the old adapter. If you need me to help you search for you I don't mind. try http://www.weaponr.com they have the V-6 intake for a descent price.

·
Premium Member
1,987 Posts
Get the Hot Shot and get that new AEM air bypass valve. I seen them put an intake in a tank of water and no water got in. All you have to do is cut the intake and insert this valve. But if it is flooding, then forget it, go for the Weapon-R

1 - 5 of 5 Posts