Mazda MX-6 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
anyone know how to make projector headlights...is it hard. i think i can do it....but the only question i have is how the hell do you get our damn headlights out of our cars? i am gonna make those sum bitches clear as hell too....i will keep you guys updated...

the rock

·
Registered
98 Posts
You know what, ATLien122 was making custom projectors for his ride. But he seems to have fallen off the face of the earth recently. You can check his site, http://www.mx6.net and see some pictures, or do a search for more information using MX6.com's search function. If all else fails, try to find some e-spec or j-spec projectoe headlights for your car.

·
Registered
136 Posts
hehe fallen off the face of the earth? awesome.. hehe..

yeah I was doing my own projectors but got sick of fiberglass fast (kept gettin all sticky even though I wore tons of protective shit) so that project has been delayed.. Im currrently working on (almost finishing off) my GPS/DVD/TV/MP3/PSX mod.. should be done by thursday.. I did make one prototype but they looked like crap because my cylinder things that the projector lens stayed in were too small. I think I have pics up at mx6.net

later
jason

·
Registered
200 Posts
LCD hooked up to rear camera

Jason, I saw this listed on your site. Do you have the same setup as rstylemx6 (see thread)? I really want to do this, but I haven't been able to contact him at all. Could you help me out with this?

·
Registered
98 Posts
[ I did make one prototype but they looked like crap because my cylinder things that the projector lens stayed in were too small. I think I have pics up at mx6.net

later
jason [/B]
Hey, nice to see you around! I saw a picture on your site of what looked like a projector housing sitting next to your center console that you were glassing for the TV. It looked really nice to me, but I guess we're our own harshest critics. By the way, how did you return your console to original condition after you cut it for the LCD?

·
Registered
136 Posts
hey..

I did my camera setup a while ago.. if i remember correctly, it wasn't TOO hard.. I took my trunk keylock out and fit a camera into there.. I had to make a custom bezel thing, because the old grommet bezel thing was built into the keylock. I'll take a pic of it if you guys want me to. I had to make a plexiglass circle thing too so water wouldn't get inside.. I had the camera lying around in the house, so I put it to use hehe.. It's a color camera, and its not the best quality but its not the worst either. I think I originally got it from X10.com.. I'm thinking of buying (or getting free samples like I did for my gauges :) ) BRIGHT ass infrared LEDs and adding night illumination because I think my camera is sensitive to infrared.. it'll be cool.. the way I had it hooked up (I took everytihng out, but I'm bout to put it all back in once I get my current system done) was I had a relay hooked up to the reverse lights, so when I kick my car into reverse, the LCD auto switched to the camera, otherwise I could switch it manually between camera and TV.. Now I'm probably going to have that ALONG with running tthe camera into my computer through video input and then I will be able to record digital video.. It's gonna kick ass :)

As for my projector lights, that piece you saw is my latest mold.. I was tlaking about the first projector headlight I made that was supposed to look like the ES300 headlights but it didn't hehe.. Yea, I'm delaying those headlights for my new LCD setup, but once I'm done with it I may go back to those or do this front lip/body kit stuff..

Well, after I finished bondo'ing, I primed it and spray painted.. I redid it and this time it's better, I'l take pics soon..

peacee
jason

·
Registered
200 Posts
Yes, please post any pictures of your setup. I too was considering using some of those X10 cameras (the wide angle ones) because the wireless feature sounds like it will make things a lot easier.

·
Registered
3,092 Posts
ATLien... what up man? been a while, yeah?

Hey... can you fab somethin simple up for me? i just.. dont know where to get the stuff or how to work with it... its plastic and pretty medium sized so... easy to work with...

whaddya say? but you gotta keep it a secret... thats the only thing. hook it up man...

·
Registered
28 Posts
sorry, Kinda off topic, but Stage 36, gotta ask you about in your siggy, what happened to the Chrysler?

·
Registered
103 Posts
Hey Atlien,
I saw that you were from Atlanta...so i decided to say wassup and ask a question...I was wondering if you lived close enough to Austell in Atlanta that you could recommend a mechanic for my 6...right now it has some problems and has been parked in the driveway for a while now(yes Stage!!! I still haven't found the time..money or a reliable mechanic yet...but I will...LOL)...but seeing that I saw Atlien was from Atlanta I was wondering if you knew anyone reliable to help me with a prob on my car...i am from Boston so I am not too familiar with mechanics here...and I have been taking it up the rear from some pretty sad mechanics here for a while...thank you...if you wanna know whats wrong with the car I have a thread in the 2nd Gen maintenance forum...any help i appreciate

·
Registered
136 Posts
atl_6, nope, dont know any mechanics around there.. I dont really know any.. i'll go check out your thread and see if I can help you out any..

try again, the pics should be fixed now.. http://mx6.net

later
jason

·
Registered
3,092 Posts
the chyslermobile is dead... it started out as ticking and moved up to knocking... it started right after i changed the oil and was pretty annoying. after diagnosing that it was coming from the driver side cylinder head, i pulled the valve cover and noticed the rocker arm bolt nearest the #4 piston exhaust valve was making the noise. i had noticed that someone had been in there before because one of the bolts on the valve cover was different. i think they didnt torque all the bolts to specs so i got out ol' torque wrench and tweaked all the valvetrain bolts that were accessible to specs, put the valve cover back on, added a little oil and fired it up... ran like new! power restored, killing civics even more than before... even stayed on a miatas tail... he couldnt pull on me for ANYTHING!!! a few days later the knocking started again... i was pretty mad because i would now have to pull the the valve cover again and RE-tighten the freakin bolt... possibly even replace it. so i pull the valve cover and the bolt is TIGHT. DAMNIT!!!! so now its internal. a bend rod most likely. the car sound like a tractor and im considering putting "cummins turbo diesel" stickers on it so ppl quit staring. i knew the engine was going out pretty soon and i didnt sweat it because its a job site car anyways. and my only 4-door, good for loading the baby in the back, etc... the rod finally went out and power REALLY sux... but its still driveable but i havent started it in a while. it shakes the entire car and its hard to start... im glad the rod went out near my house... i had just enough balls to get home and didnt have to call a tow truck...

if anyone wants to buy the engine, it will probly need an overbore (good for more HP), and the rebuild kits are usually about $400-600. with the kit and machine work, you would probably be pushing somewhere in the neighborhood of 300HP and if you wanted to spend more money on it, upwards of 500 easily. i dont rebuild this because i barely have enough money to continuously mod the 6, let alone undertake another project... so anyone want it? ill help you with the RWD conversion!!!

·
Registered
3,092 Posts
Hey ATLien... whats up with that custom sh!t for my car? ..c'mon man!:)

·
Registered
136 Posts
thanks.. what custom junk? email me with a better description (AND WHAT ITS FOR! i dont like this secret BS hehe).. im gonna be outat town for 2 weeks..
later
j

·
Registered
136 Posts
oh yeah, btw.. once I finish up my DVD/GPS/TV/blah crap I'm gonna go back to projectors.. I have an easy design I'm going to try to do.. no fiberglass involved (maybe bondo, but I doubt it..).. it'll look sorta like the eclipse projectors, cept itll have 2 projector beams instead of 1.. I'm going to make a black housing too...

jason

·
Registered
27 Posts
projectors Question

:idea:

i got a friend that works at a place that makes plastic shields for boats if i made a mold for the projectors and used the right plastic do you all think it would work. i don't know where to start with the mold though but the plastic molding machine is one of thoughs that heats plastic sheets up then sucks it to the mold. if any of you think this would work or know of any helpfull hints then get back to me but i think it is a good way to do it and not as messy and Aliens idea.

·
Registered
136 Posts
Hey.. I was thinking of doing it similar to that with plexiglass.. where in Tennessee do you live? I have a mold for my right headlight and we could try that out.. I'm out of town right now but I should be home soon..

j

·
Registered
27 Posts
yeah i live in the Murfreesboro i gotta talk to the guy that has the molding machine to see if it can do somthing like that but i am sure it can i am going to talk to him monday. oh and the catch is the mold has to be made out of wood, heated clay, or like a kind of rock becouse if it is anything else it will melt or catch on fire. but yeah he has been gone for about two weeks he is coming back tommarrow and i'll get to talk to him then.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts