Mazda MX-6 Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,855 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I ran into one of those last night. I had my girlfriend with me. It has been a cold weathered weekend. It seems like my car likes the warmer weather--go figure.

Anyway, I was cruisin about 40mph or so, when I notice the Si. I told my girlfriend about how everyone always doggs Honda owners and such, and that the Si is supposedly the tough one, and how everyone talks about whipping their asses. This one didn't look like anything special (just the red "Si" letters), custom exhaust, no bad ass rims, or stickers.

So I came up beside him, and punched it a little, to get him to notice, and hopefully run. I passed him and slowed down, giving him time to catch up. I guess I gave him a little too much time, as I waited until he got beside me before I punched it. He was already passing me, and I couldn't catch him man!! I was just a little pissed. My girlfriend was all like, "ha ha, he's whooping your ass...." I finally matched his speed, and we both had to slow down. Damn! Driving 80mph in a 45mph zone makes me nervous!

I wanted to line up with him really bad, but for the 1st time in 3 freakin days, we both caught every green light. I think if I could have lined up with him, I would have beat his ass. But he was no push over. He may have had other mods, and just didn't advertise them. That's cool.

·
Registered
1,855 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
She laughs

cause she knows it is a rarity to see me get smoked!!!

:)

·
Registered
1,679 Posts
nice run man but got a ?? when does the Vtec kick on those car i a freind with one never raced him of been in it but it is pretty qucik prolby i know it has some engine work and exhaust and intake but not sure how fast

G

·
dude the vtec doesnt "kick in" vtec is the type of engine that the car has. 93-95 si's make 126 horsepower. they are pretty quick only because of how light they are.

·
Registered
1 Posts
SI's And there Secrets

hey

don't get to pissed i have three cars ( yes a i have a MX6 or i wouldn't be on this site) well i also have a Civic Si and it's a fast little car but at 100mph the low moded civic flops out. BUT :muhaha: if you hear a blow off from a civic don't even try..

·
Registered
940 Posts
dude the vtec doesnt "kick in" vtec is the type of engine that the car has. 93-95 si's make 126 horsepower. they are pretty quick only because of how light they are.

Damn fool, dont talk out your ass, don't say stuff unless you know what your talking about. VTEC certainly does 'kick in'. when it kicks in varies from motor-motor. Not all motors have VTEC (which is ran off of oil pressure and a solenoid-keeping it simple) My VTEC kicks in at 6500 RPM my redline is at 7000.

How VTEC works article.
Howstuffworks "What does the VTEC system in a Honda engine do?"

How VTEC works video
YouTube - How VTEC works

·
Registered
177 Posts
Damn fool, dont talk out your ass, don't say stuff unless you know what your talking about. VTEC certainly does 'kick in'. when it kicks in varies from motor-motor. Not all motors have VTEC (which is ran off of oil pressure and a solenoid-keeping it simple) My VTEC kicks in at 6500 RPM my redline is at 7000.

How VTEC works article.
Howstuffworks "What does the VTEC system in a Honda engine do?"

How VTEC works video
YouTube - How VTEC works
Bluntly stated VTEC is a High rev engine with a low RPM gear profile and a high rev gear profile. the low profile allows it to still have a good fuel efficiency with a high rev engine... that the blunt part... i studied VTEC cus i was gonna get a CRX but those are even harder to find then the MX6... VTEC is very nice though...

·
Premium Member
5,011 Posts
hey

don't get to pissed i have three cars ( yes a i have a MX6 or i wouldn't be on this site) well i also have a Civic Si and it's a fast little car but at 100mph the low moded civic flops out. BUT :muhaha: if you hear a blow off from a civic don't even try..
thanks for the advice kid, but ive pulled on turbo civics before with my stock turbo :rolleyes:

1 - 15 of 15 Posts