Mazda MX-6 Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
414 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hello everyone ... I know in the past there has been much talk of a honda civic short shifter fitting our cars,,,, But my question is what year shifter fits ?... And yes i know there is a search bar on the fourm and i am sorry for reposting this .... But as i looked at the posts i didnt see what year everyone was using....

·
Banned
2,630 Posts
90 to 2001 integra or civic same shit

·
Registered
86 Posts
I was looking at $80-ish short shifters online for our cars on ebay, and then ended up buying the same Fidanza shifter but for an Integra (just like my old DC2) for under $30 shipped!!

I'm also going to do what I did to my old Integra shifter -- install a monster knob (awesome) and lower the knob position. How you say? Remove the knob, shave down the shifter a bit under the threads, and continue threading until you get to the bend (on a dual bend of course). Use a dremel to cut down a half inch or so at a time until you like how low the knob sits. Reinstall the boot and be done!

I remember a good writeup being on Team-Integra.net years ago.....

I will post with pics when I get my shifter in the mail, mod it, and install it. Cheers!

·
Premium Member
18,203 Posts
trust me, you don't want it that low, unless your short in stature. I have the Fidanza shifter and I have drop my right shoulder down to shift.

·
Registered
437 Posts
Are the "short" shifter kits hard to install, I've never done it before... It looks tricky.

·
Premium Member
18,203 Posts
you have to modify the nylon shifter cup by sanding it out, but otherwise works perfectly :)

When I'm on the road again I'll show you how it shifts. It also helps when you have all new bushings...btw, I need to come to your house and test fit something

·
Registered
437 Posts
Test fit for the housing?

·
Registered
437 Posts
lol, I can be a TARD!

·
Registered
1,080 Posts
i am with Zach on this.. i have a Ebay honda Short Shift that i love and i dont have to worry about hitting my knuckles when i shift. its just under the stock shifter height. its perfect for me and i am 6". i want something to grab not a little nub.

·
Registered
437 Posts
i am with Zach on this.. i have a Ebay honda Short Shift that i love and i dont have to worry about hitting my knuckles when i shift. its just under the stock shifter height. its perfect for me and i am 6". i want something to grab not a little nub.
LOL poor guy... 6"?

·
Registered
437 Posts
you have to modify the nylon shifter cup by sanding it out, but otherwise works perfectly :)
What nylon shifter cup? The under belly of my car is horribly oily thanx to previous owner!

·
Premium Member
18,203 Posts
What nylon shifter cup? The under belly of my car is horribly oily thanx to previous owner!
you'll have to drop the shifter linkage. you'll see it :)

if your exhaust is out, it's a perfect time to get this done!

·
Registered
437 Posts
Sweet! ;)

1 - 14 of 14 Posts