Mazda MX-6 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I wanna put the lights on the hood where the windshield washer fluid comes out of. my car is red, should I put them on? what color? let me know thanx

·
Registered
357 Posts
this is what everyone will tell you:

its your car... do it if you want. if someone tells you not to do it... why would you listen.. its not even their car. if you think it is cool, cool looking, or ugly, do whatever *you* want.

personally, i think the windshield fluid lights are awesome, and i plan on putting them on my car. some people think they are rice-a-roni, but whatever... if you don't like it, don't put them on your car. stop telling me what to do.

oh yeah blue or red are fine... just not alternating (get stopped by the cops for impersonating a pig) :) have fun

·
Registered
28 Posts
yea my fiend just got stopped the other day with red ones, along with neons in his car, and a red license plate frame all red neon and since he didnt have any switches the cop made him cut the wires to all of his neons:(

·
Registered
143 Posts
huh?

:confused: wtf? hood lights where the washer things are? whaddayamean... pointing toward the windshield (into the driver's face)? pointing forward like headlights? pointing up? sideways? i've never seen this... please explain this.... i guess it might look aiight, depending what it is, but whatever it is it would probably look too ricey for me

·
Registered
579 Posts
Go for it man!! I think they look really cool! For a red car, I'd go for red, or white, if they have it. My car is blue, so I'm going to use the blues. Post a pic or two if you do it...

·
Registered
357 Posts
you can put them on your car and they are street legal (in most states) because it is not over a certain brightness (measured in "candles" if you can believe it). they do not aide in night vision and are not a distraction to drivers (a.k.a. strobes, bright neons, etc) so for most states they are pretty much legit. get a switch so if a cop pulls you over, flip the switch and screw with him... "what lights on my hood? maybe you had too many donuts, dude" heh

·
Registered
193 Posts
I was thinking about these but they only come in chrome. if they were plain black plastic like the stock ones I'd go for them. I don't believe they're that expensive either.

·
Registered
166 Posts
i like those lights, theyre pretty sweet. would look really really nice if u had superwhite bulbs all around. but thats $27 that i would rather put into my KL-ZE fund :cool:

·
Registered
131 Posts
ebay

look for them on ebay.. they're going pretty cheap.

Alex

·
Registered
44 Posts
i dont want to sound like an idiot, but i cant get my little washer thingies off my hood.. can anyone help

·
Registered
29 Posts
switch

i know that the lights themselves are pretty cheap, but how much would it be for installation w/ a switch, pricy???

·
Premium Member
3,844 Posts
OK
1st the washers/lights come with a long length of cable fitted so wiring shouldnt be a problem. as for a switch (if you need one) might put mine to the fogs.

The washer/lights fit no problem through the hole in the hood but then you have to get a 12mm nut on to the back side of it along with a spacer and spring washer. This is almost impossibe without making the access hole to the back of the washers/lights bigger so be prepared to have to cut the underside to a more accessable size.

cheers

dave

1 - 20 of 23 Posts