Mazda MX-6 Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My hood met with my windshield as i entered the highway. Damn. I'm a lucky bastard. It didn't smash my windshield. I parked right unbent the hood a bit because it had me windshields shape now, and put the pins in. Yes thats what i said. Put the pins in. I FORGOT TO PUT MY PINS BACK IN WHEN I WAS DONE PLAYING IN THE ENGINE BAY! PLZ FLAME ME! at least i have another hood in the shed. But its red. Damn, Red and blue sucks ass.

·
Registered
4,366 Posts
:flamer:

yes that is why they invented safety catches for bonnets.....doesnt matter if you forget to close the bonnet properly it still catches on. even they get ripped off after certain speeds. but you forgot the pins? omfg :p j/k

·
Registered
9,228 Posts
Happen to me, well my friend in my car years ago.
Bent my hood in half, broke my windshield and cracked my OEM sunroof visor. Worse part was my car had just got back from the paint shop after my accident.

I will admit seeing the windshield sprayers aligned on my windshield looks nice. Hahaha. Perfect little cracks and spiderwebs.

·
Registered
2,419 Posts
Happened to me, also. I bought my first car which was an LX. (Already equiped/riced with hood pins and purdy stickers) Yeah well, some "friend" or someone, took my hood pins and I didn't notice. Blah. Anyway, 50 MPH...hello windshield....good-bye windshield. Drove 3 blocks to find a place to pull over with my head out of the window. Now THAT'S some Ace Ventura [shizzle]! lol Oh well, atleast I have my GT WITH a hood latch.

·
Registered
9,228 Posts
Mine flew up because I was rear ended and pushed into a Cadillac. Messed up the front bumper and hood. Guess the latch was a little bent also. Its fixed now.

Worked out well because Im the only Mx6 able to pull off the "No Grill" mod. Hahahah
I didnt put the grill back in because I had to latch my hood down by hand.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts