Mazda MX-6 Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
C

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,

I was wondering the best way to fix my horn. For some reason, the horn wont sound. The horn itself does work, but there must be a short in the wire. My question is how hard would it be to find the short? A few mechanics suggested that I run a new wire with horn and mount the buttion on th dash. I would like to use the original button, but they said it would be to much work to find the short. What would you guys suggest?

·
Registered
2,116 Posts
take ur steering wheel apart and try to bypass the switch on the steering wheel if the horn works from doing that then you need to replace the switch if it doesnt then you need to replace the wiring also test to make sure the switch is still working and as mong as it is u can reuse it.

what makes u so sure that the horn itself is working. my horn used to work intermitently so i just replaced it with one from autozone for like $7 and it always works now

C

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks,

I'll try and buy a new horn and see how that works. i'm pretty sure the horn buttons work as I just went out and bought a new airbag for the car. Speaking of airbags, I have this annoying red flashing airbag light on my dash. I didn't replace the airbag computer as it costs way too much. I just bought the bag to make the steering wheel look better. Is there a way I could disconnect that blinking light? I did a search on it, but the one suggestion I found that said to disconnect the blue box under the dash did not work. There's like 3 blue boxes under there, maybe i did the wrong one. I dont really care about my airbags, just want that light to go off. Any thoughts?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts