Mazda MX-6 Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As I posted before I installed an Induction Kit. Now where normally the old box would have been is the pipe for the induction kit. Its about 5-7 inch away from the engine.

After a 30min drive I opened the bonnet and felt that the metal pipe from the induction kit was hot.

Is that normal? Can it do any damage to the sensor?
If its not normal what can I do to make it cool? Would covering it with a heat resistan material help?

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks G-Force.

Unfortunatly I couldnt find any CAI for the xedos. It was bit hard to find the pipercross that will fit.

I was thinking maby open a hole in the bonnet to get fresh air like that but not sure how much that will be, if it will good and also the rain will get it. :D

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
As Ken said we can compare on Sunday since it’s more easy. What’s hot for me might be ok for others. :)

Bedlam,
Nice CAI I like the colour and design of it. Great job mate.

you know the blue rubber you use to connect the pipes together, where can I find that because I think I need one to make the induction kit fit better? Its ok at the moment but I want it bit better :)

Also can I have your fuse box cover:p ?
Where did you get that anyway? Looks rather nice.

George

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.