Mazda MX-6 Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,769 Posts
Hi matrix

Like G says they ALL get warm sitting next to any engine will heat up even a CAI, BUT if the CAI is chromed or silver then it will reflect a lot off the heat from the CAI, due to the way heat is transfered, throught different colours, silver being very reflective, and black and dark colours will absorbe heat more hence having a black car in summer will most likely toast the driver quicker than a lighter colour car ( :confused: i think all stuff from science class a looooooog time ago).

But the air inside the pipe will still be cooler than whats was going in with your old intake :).

take a look at mine and that gets hot :eek: .

http://www.btinternet.com/~bedlamuk/my.cai.JPG

Andy

·
Registered
1,769 Posts
hi mx6si

Emm it's custom one we made ourselfs :) 2 bits off exhaust pipes from some large van, thern flaired at one end to fit the throttle body, then chromed,some couplers from the states, and sometimes with a pipercross filter down at the bottom end iff it :).

Whole thing i think cost about £100 for pipes and the chrome plating, so not bad.

Andy

·
Registered
1,769 Posts
Hi matix

The fusebox cover was made by my brother, and chromed, but there is a guy on the probe site who makes them for the 6 and probe, Cornish626 has one from him not chromed but nice all the same :), the couplers i can't remember the link came from the states, maybe Cornish626 can help you out with it MIke ?.

Andy

·
Registered
1,769 Posts
mop

When cleaning the engine bay, if you do what i do and use 1 off them little home pressure washers, then ALWYS have the engine running with someone inside the car keeping the revs up and watch the electics, and dizzy, fuse box,and keeping a plastic bag over the filter on the indution filter while it is running i wouldn't do just a quick swipe with the washer it will be ok.

Andy
PS
Ken m8 i got mine from a diff place,but as usal they went to my m8 in Florida (who is an unsung hero off mine Thanks Derrek :) ), he repacks them and sends them on to me }) (now i wonder why i do that }) .

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.