Mazda MX-6 Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok i broke my power window switch and the passenger window is stuck down. i tried jumping the pins from the harness on the drivers side butjust ended up electrocuting myself. does anyone know how to jump maybe the window motor or what pins specifically i can jump without killing myself???!?!?! PLEASE GOD HELP ME i can't wash my car until the window gets shut luckily it hasn't rained here yet in texas. all my a/c gets sucked out the window too so i need it fixed. please!!

·
Registered
1,014 Posts
i Just put a new window motor in my drivers side door,

and what i think you should do is take the switch from your working side off and go over to the other door and roll it up!!!, if the harness will fit, that would be the safest way,

if it doesnt fit you can take the switch apart and then provide continuity btwn the switch,

and lastly the wiring harness that plugs into the window moter it self is at the bottom of the door, you could unplug it, go to radio shack and get some test leads (like for a multi-meter or voltmeter), crimp the two leads together with a 15-20 amp fuse and fuse holder, ( you want the fuse in case of improper short circuit) , and then provide continuity to the to the leads going in the the window moter by putting a lead in each hole of the wiring harness, do this with the car in the one position and it should engage the window moter and roll it up untill you can get a new switch!!!

-Scuba-

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
i jumped it back up. once i found the power harness for the window, i just unplugged it and supplied it with power. the haynes manual was actually quite helpful for once.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts