Mazda MX-6 Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,296 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i looked around not sure how 2 do this 1 myself never attempted. I'm just wondering if there is a write up how 2 drop the whole front chassy of a Gen 2 6.. i'm looking 4 the easy way instead of pulling the motor + tranny from above i want 2 drop the whole chassy with the motor & tranny from the bottom.. any ideas?:angel:

·
Registered
1,296 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
your baby is almost out the hard way LOL... dont worry she's safe i'm planning 2 do that on my car drop the whole front chassy~

·
Registered
245 Posts
yes yessss :D

:D
Don't worry, Matt will take care of you...

Matt, dropping the sub frame seems like the hard way of doing it. It can be done, but you have enough experience taking out the motor/trans the regular way. If it's an mtx tranny, you should be able to pull it out together with the motor. The only issue I see is that you may have to remove the passenger side mount COMPLETELY (bracket and all) to give that extra bit of clearance for the tranny end cap.

Thingsthatfly : Is that your car in your avatar? Got bigger pics? I like that front end, and my car is now white as well. Post up some pics for me please! Thx

·
Registered
1,296 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
yeah seems like it but the i saw 1 of the techs do it @ work did it in 3 hours or so but he has a lift so it makes it soo much easyier i do everything from cold a$$ concreate floor not fun in winter time.. well i'm still learning how 2 pull the motor in different ways so who knows witch is faster

·
Registered
1,461 Posts
Don't worry, Matt will take care of you...

Matt, dropping the sub frame seems like the hard way of doing it. It can be done, but you have enough experience taking out the motor/trans the regular way. If it's an mtx tranny, you should be able to pull it out together with the motor. The only issue I see is that you may have to remove the passenger side mount COMPLETELY (bracket and all) to give that extra bit of clearance for the tranny end cap.

Thingsthatfly : Is that your car in your avatar? Got bigger pics? I like that front end, and my car is now white as well. Post up some pics for me please! Thx
yea man thats my car! :D

http://www.mx6.com/forums/gallery/218267-car-adicting-project.html

this is the current project...

and for older pics u can search my old threads through my profile.

:D

1 - 12 of 12 Posts