Mazda MX-6 Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter #1
Me and my friend were looking at his moms Mazda Mellenia and we noticed that the lights seem the same size. we took one of my blackouts (which i took off because of blue lights) and it fit I was suprised.
We might try to fit them does anyone else know about this

·
Registered
1,679 Posts
I had thought about that too. i looked at this also, i have never had a pair up close to my car so i cant tell you but the light do look tight. just measure some stuff and test fit it on there. superfly

·
Registered
3,092 Posts
yeah ask her if you can put one on there one day… that way you can get a side by side look and see if its worth it...

G

·
Discussion Starter #4
I was lookin at a Millenia last night and the lights seem a little bit smaller but I think it will still work. I got other plans for my car right now but I'm definitely gonna try Millenia lights before I shell out for J-specs or E-specs.

G

·
Discussion Starter #5
The first 2 or 3 years the lights were almost the same as the j-spec MX6 lights, with the little lens projector light. The later ones are pretty much normal, I'd try to find one of the first models.

·
Registered
3,092 Posts
how much are you payin for millenia lights?

i just paid $204 for a pair of j-specs...

·
Registered
21 Posts
Where did you get the j-specs that cheap?? Was it that importer in the other thread? If so, could you post or email me their contact info.????

·
Registered
3,092 Posts
yeah... but i dont remember the info... go to the thread and go to the parts request page... tell the mwhat you want, thell email you a page. you fill it out and fax it to them...

·
Premium Member
565 Posts
so what....

so what was the final decision about these lights? i saw a pair up close today. using the manila folder i was holding, i made some rough measurements. the millenia lights look to be the same size length and height, but without opening this stranger's hood, i couldn't tell depth wise. anybody still interseted in doing this? or is everybody enamored with the possible chance of getting j-spec lights from adelaide?

·
Registered
3,092 Posts
Re: so what....

med_mx6 said:
[B but without opening this stranger's hood, i couldn't tell depth wise. [/B]
well, i doubt that theyre much deeper, if any, than the j-specs... the projector housing isnt shallow...

·
Registered
231 Posts
I got up close and looked at them they are about the same size of what i can see i wonder how much they cost form a J/Y?

·
Premium Member
565 Posts
i think only the 97's...

i've been searchin on the 'net. i couldn't find anything definite, but think the 1997 model millenia is the only year they had the projector lights (at least the projector lights like the j-spec). every picture of a 98 model shows the plain jane assembly again.
btw, i started my research with:
http://cg.superpages.com/cgi-bin/php/used/reports/full/intro?CarRef=U231
when i find a free moment, i'll run down to the used mazda dealer some day, and hopefully i can find out for sure.

·
Premium Member
565 Posts
i just called...

Mazx6 said:
I got up close and looked at them they are about the same size of what i can see. i wonder how much they cost form a J/Y?
i just called maz-max.com; they quote me $250 each used and $430 each new. yikes! i guess that's still cheaper than the j-specs, but not by much! before i invest $500+, has anybody done this mod yet? please let me know how it went!

btw, the guy said the one-piece Millenia headlights were for the '95-'96 years only.

ps. here's are two decent pictures of the lights i'm talkin' about:
http://www.mazdarecycling.com/assets/images/01-060.jpg
http://www.mazdarecycling.com/assets/images/00-037.jpg

·
Registered
3,092 Posts
cheaper than the jspecs???

actually used, theyre about $210, new $600
Millenia headlights, 500 used and 860 new

not exactly rocket science.

also dont forget to add in what the body shop is gonna charge. you can get NEW jspecs for cheaper than used millenia headlights

·
Premium Member
565 Posts
oops...

so i got confused. XO i remembered $600, but for some odd reason i thought it was for one light. maybe i subconsciously wanted the millenia light to be cheaper... i'll never post again. :(

·
Registered
3,092 Posts
YEAH!!! NEVER POST AGAIN YOU FREAKING IDIOT!!!!

just kidding. hey we all make mistakes. no big deal.

try ordering them from adelaide jap imports. i paid $211.12 for mine. i think solarslash paid about $209. do a search for the thread. have fun!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts