Mazda MX-6 Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What cars can you use front strut bars from on an '89 lx? And how is everyone building the cold air intake with the cone filter on to the mass air flow box(sensor)?????:confused:

·
Registered
3,655 Posts
for the filter, u will have to buy an adaptor that u bolt up to the air flow meter, then install the cone air filter.

and for front sturt bars, people have been using other cars and do litttle moddint on them to make them fit, some people have been using the 2nd gen mx6 strut bars, other used bars from the 1st gen eclips. so its up to u.

·
Registered
737 Posts
The adaptor flange for the VAF can be found on eBay. I used a front and rear strut bar from a 2gen mx6, which can also be found on eBay.

·
Registered
49 Posts
You can also buy both the adapter and the Filter in a car preformance shop in your area...just incase ur not patient enough for ebay. It also costs a little more...i payed like $25 for the filter and about $14 for the adaptor.

Gandhi

·
Registered
1,719 Posts
hmmm thats funny looking at your sig, it seems you wouldnt need these mods.

ha ha ha

your still an idiot.

not to mention stupid

and

a liar

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
thanks

I just wanted to thank everyone for helping me find out how to make these quick mods and showing me where to find them you have been a big help!!!!:D

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
hey tiz you have a lot of room to talk since yours is all stock, and trust me everything on my sig is true i have receipts!!!:p

·
Premium Member
1,257 Posts
car sounds nice, lets see some pics

·
Registered
1,719 Posts
ps:

dont mess with me biotch

and for everyone who thinks that i am being a jackass, your entitled to your opinion, but know this:

he is lying bastard

·
Registered
6,038 Posts
Idiot though he MAY be, you are still being an ass. You are putting Flyswat to shame, man! (I don't have anything against you... I just wanted to put the Flyswat comment in here. Go get 'im.)

G

·
Boise89GT said:
Idiot though he MAY be, you are still being an ass. You are putting Flyswat to shame, man! (I don't have anything against you... I just wanted to put the Flyswat comment in here. Go get 'im.)
If you can't beat em, join em.

:shrug:

·
Registered
1,719 Posts
yeah i know i was bieng an ass. I was a little drunk when I wrote that. Alchohol+me+some guy bieng an idiot= me getting out of control.

Its kind of a paradox since i was also bieng an idiot when i was flaming him. But whatever, in my books the only thing he has going for him is that he owns a 6 and is curious about finding out more about it.

·
Premium Member
7,327 Posts
I have yet to see a 2nd gen bar that fits PROPERLY (flush against the strut tower, accomodating the cruise control and ignition coil brackets) without major mods. The only bars I know of that fit correctly are frank's (dutch626) and the corksport bar, which is currently being re-designed. Many of the "ebay special" FSTBs for the 2nd gen are poorly constructed, so watch out. If it is aluminum and you can bend it over your knee then it is junk. You get what you pay for.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
hmmmm

actually the mod about the header is a lie, but i did find one a and bought it from www.ajusa.com. I will have pictures as soon as I get a digital camera or a scanner. Everything else is all true i did it my self! I will have pictures of the motor and my step-by-step process book. The motor and book got me a best of show and trophy @ state competion in fortworth, tx!:p

1 - 17 of 17 Posts