Mazda MX-6 Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I do however have a PERFORMANCE question. I have a '93
MX6 V-4. It is very sweet looking. Lowered, Performace rims, tinted glass...etc..however, I really haven't done much to speed it up. Do you have any idea's that I can do to make it quicker without having to do an engine overhaul. (it only has 94,000 kms. (
Stay Free......
Little Bastard,
[email protected]

·
Registered
127 Posts
You have a V-4 ????

As far as I know only bike have v-4's. YOu have a i-4 which is an inline 4. I have the same engine and my way future plans are a j-spec cam, intake and Phenolic spacers.

If you have a ton of money i hear there is a turbo you can install for about $5000.

There isn't one upgrade that will give you a ton of power. and all of these are just few hp each.

·
Registered
1,855 Posts
There are many routes you can choose.

Just little things you can do are like air intake modifications. There are different filters and set ups that provide less restricted airflow into the intake.

Also, exhaust. Less restrictive exhaust helps also. What air intake mods and exhaust mods do is allow the engine to pull air in and out of the engine more efficiently. The more air you pull in, the hotter the gas burns, the more power you get.

Not to discourage you too much, but I don't think you will get real far with the 4 cylinder without spending some $$$.

·
Registered
236 Posts
I-4 Modifications

I am a proud owner of a '93 MX-6 2.0L.. there are several upgrades that will give you more speed.. Intake, exhaust, wires, plugs, pulleys, trick cam, racing clutch, NOS.. and of course the $4000-$5000 turbo kits..

I would like to talk MODs with anyone.. write me at([email protected]) or ICQ (4348424)

You can see my MX-6 at:

http://www.angelfire.com/games2/astrowarez/mx6.html

1 - 4 of 4 Posts