Mazda MX-6 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can someone explain to me step by step on how to take out my door speakers? I would like to fix the speaker on the passender side.
Please help me out so that I don't damage any of the electronics.

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
In addition to my last question....

If I were to replace the door speakers, can the factory tweets on the dashboard be used? How does the wiring work?
Please try to be specific cause I don't want to short circuit any fuses or burn any wires.
Thanks again

·
Registered
158 Posts
I don't believe that the speaker grill pops off, so you have to take the whole door panel off. There is a screw in the door handle, one towards the front of the panel, and one in that hole in the door on the drivers side you can grab onto and close your door with. After that, there are just those plastic snap fasteners. There is one towards the back of the door near the locking mechanism. Once you remove this one, I believe you should start popping the bottom of the panel off. After you get in there, the speakers just screw out. Hope this is what you were asking.

G

·
If you are going to try to put two speakers in the door(mid and tweet) you are going to have a big problem getting another speaker wire in there. I had it done at a local stereo shop, and they had to push the wires through the plug from the body to the door.

G

·
I replaced those two speakers...That is one time that the shop manual is handy. The only screw that you cannot see is the one in the handle, under this little felt thing. You have to remove the felt then the screw and I could have definitely seen myself ruining a perfectly good door panel if I hadnt' known about it before hand. There are two screws near the rear view mirror area, and a plug-thing on the outer part (you can only see with the door open)...hmm hard to explain, I would advise getting your hands on a manual; chilton, haynes, or whatever they should all have this.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Yes the tweeters will work. The replacement of these speakers will not affect the tweeters wiring. The tweeters will also keep working if you put in a headunit that has x4 output because they are only accessories to the existing 4 speakers and not independent of them.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts