Mazda MX-6 Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
475 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Try not to laugh at me too much but I can't seem to figure out how to get out the ould plug sn put in new ones. I pulled out the wires and i see the spark plug way down the hole which I could never get to with my big fingers. Im sure there some obvious trich that I am missing but could someone give me a hand? thanks

·
Registered
3,167 Posts
allworldkj said:
Try not to laugh at me too much but I can't seem to figure out how to get out the ould plug sn put in new ones. I pulled out the wires and i see the spark plug way down the hole which I could never get to with my big fingers. Im sure there some obvious trich that I am missing but could someone give me a hand? thanks
You need a plug socket (which has a rubber O-ring inside that "grabs" the plug insulator and holds it as you lift the socket out of the plug well...) and a long extension.

Make sure you have some anti-seize compund ready for the new plugs, make sure they are gapped properly, and install them to 11-16 foot pounds (no more than that!

·
Registered
44 Posts
Yup a plug socket, rachet and long extension. Right about the rubber in the socket to grip the plug. Just watch out if your tappet cover gaskets are leaking, the oil in the plug wells will cause the rubber "o" ring in the socket to become oily and will not grip and will stay attached to the plug deep down in the engine. Happened to me. Peace of wire and a flash light solved that. Good Luck !!!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts