Mazda MX-6 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
yeah i know there's a search but i don't really know what i would be searching for... so please deal with the question... i know that Cold_Noodle's got one of the tightest 6xer on hea... he said something about buying foam??? so what's the entire process?? has anyone ever done it??? can i get some one to give me the full 411 on making my own kit...? i've got the time and money but i dont want some one(big name companies) to make it for me... any info would help... thanx

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
me and the honda boys(i hung out with so i could pick up some good connections...) have put on bodykits and molded it on at our high school. we all took a class on the basics moldind... bundle... sandind... painting... crap like that... i just need to learn how you actually get started on makin' a bodykit. how to shave and then make mold... stuff like that...

·
Registered
305 Posts
You have to be able to work with fiberglass. I've seen it done at a local body shop and they do all kinds of cool stuff with fiberglass screening, and they have a vast array of tools used to heat and shape the fiberglass. Most people from what I've seen just modify existing pieces from other kits because it gives them a "frame" to work with. I have a feeling this trend with catch on.

·
Registered
299 Posts
Start with a civic kit ( there are a million different styles available ) and just work from there, cutting and altering the kit as needed. Be warned that if you do not have the tools to do this yourself this will cost you THOUSANDS and not hundreds of dollars to do by the time you get it on your car. My advice: they make body kits FOR the MX-6 for a reason, and at veyr low cost..... I would buy one of those.

Mike

1 - 5 of 5 Posts