Mazda MX-6 Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3,366 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This system im putting is going to cause ALOT of vibration and I get it now with my Old subs turned off. Mainly doors, panels, and plastic parts. I did the tan to black swap awhile ago, that's when It kinda started. Dyamat just keeps the sound in, is there something I can do to reduce it. Like stuffing $hit in the doors or something?

·
Premium Member
18,203 Posts
you can get that spray on silencer crap too...it's a little cheaper than dynomat too and can go more places.

·
Its not butter?!!!!1
4,968 Posts
Dynamat extreme is the best out there.. but you can also use " B-Quiet " or " Brownbread" too.

Do not use spray foam. seriously

·
Its not butter?!!!!1
4,968 Posts
^ the reason I said that is because the main control console (above the pedals where the instrumentation and stuff is) used to rattle like crazy when my stereo was really quaking (back with my old s-10) so I used that caulking spray... it stoped the rattle.. but it was quite honestly impossible to to get anything that, that stuff covered.
Its just like a glue that coats everything it touches. So getting stuff fixed under there (where I sprayed) cost double.. since the mechanics had to take twice as long just to get at the stuff.
IT works... dont get me wrong.. but asides from inside the doors or other places with minimal stuff inside.. dont use it.
Dynamat works wonderfully.. and is still realitivily cheap considering all that it does.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts