Mazda MX-6 Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just removed the instrument cluster that houses the speedo, tach, fuel, and so on. My question is does anyone know how to get the cluster open? I don't want to break it, and also how do I take out the gauges to scan into my computer for custom ones. If anyone knows or has done this before I'll send you a copy of the gauges so you can make your own! Hope to hear from someome soon.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Ok Now What?

Ok I got the cluster open but now I don't know how to take the needles off so I can remove them. Please someone help me, I'm so close but so far.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Come On Guys & Girls

I know one of you have done this before. Come on I need help, please can someone help me! :-(

·
Registered
1,306 Posts
As far as i know, removing the nedles is th ehardest part of the whole procedure. You have to be careful because if you break or bend them, then you're screwed. There is actually a small tool, something like a miniature crowbar that you can use to gently pry the needles off the shaft. I don't know where they sell it or how to get it unfortunately, I only know it exists. I would say grab a one of those miniature screedrivers and start forking the needle up from the bottom until ip pops off. Also take note where the needle rests so that you can put it back in th esame exact place when you're done.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts