Mazda MX-6 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 64 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,505 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So i may have the chance here in the next month or two to pick up a sparco racing seat with harness for a very good price. One single drivers seat.

I have mixed emotions on it.

At first thought, i am like that would be [fizzle]ing awesome.

Then i am thinking, what if i saw some other kid pull into the local lot, and he had a Sparco seat (in a car that, well, lets just say is nothing special. I mean, the mx6 is by no means a race car, and has no real "need" for a racing seat, but it is definitely one of the more "modified" or fast cars that goes out there), i would most likely think to myself "that kid is a [fizzle]ing retard. Why spend that kind of money on something so pointless."
But then i realize,
I am really just being a hater.

So, i want to know what some of you (people whom i respect differently, i want lots of opinions) think about this.

·
Registered
941 Posts
Are they comfortable at all? My front seats are torn up pretty bad and i was thinking of replacing them with some racing ones but i love how comfortable the stock seats are

·
Registered
752 Posts
Not sure what the name brand ones are like but all the ones i have sat in and shit and i think it looks stupid with just one. If you can get 2 and they arent to bad to sit in do it

·
Registered
483 Posts
some seats are killing my back after 10 min ... but I once took part in rally - they had some good racing bucketseats and I could sleep in them ... :) ... but You must try them before You buy one

·
Registered
1,365 Posts
2 matching seats would be ideal. Im only rockin one seat in my car 50 percent of the time and i put the stocker passenger seat in when needed. Race seats are hella good for weight reduction so, 2 saves more weight then one. Im on my third Sparco and let me tell you that they are hella dope seats. Really comfortable for sure....actually more comfortable than stock on long trips. (Minus fiberglass shell sparcos). Like every mod there is somewhat a bad side and with race seats it is ease of parking your car or in some cases blind spot checks and ease of getting in and out. Never buy cheap or no name seats because theyre uncomfortable and make all kinds of noises. Go with good seats like this Sparco that youre considering buying. I say do it.... Altho, you might not need the harness

·
Registered
80 Posts
i had racing seats in my mx6, and the mx6 isnt a popular racing car, but it is a racing car and racing seat look great in them, but if u have the ls seats dotn wate ur money on it. just have them re upholstered cuz they already are racing style they just dotn have the cloth pattern racing seats do.

·
Registered
784 Posts
I say get the seat. I really like the look of just one racing seat. It makes it look like it has a purpose and not just for looks. If you dont agree with that, think about it this way. You have tan interior, with two seats the same color which I would bet is not the same color as your interior now, it will look wierd.

·
Registered
1,365 Posts
I say get the seat. I really like the look of just one racing seat. It makes it look like it has a purpose and not just for looks. If you dont agree with that, think about it this way. You have tan interior, with two seats the same color which I would bet is not the same color as your interior now, it will look wierd.
Agreed.....I like the look of just one race bucket as well ;)

·
Premium Member
11,480 Posts
I got my seats for about 350 I beleive. They are just some no-name mazdaspeed seats, but they are much lighter than stock, comfortable, and they dont blow the wallet or have the "racing" look to them.

Also they dont make noises. :shrug:

If I was you I would say forget the sparco and just get a couple of new seats from ebay. :shrug: They will flow better with the semi-performance theme, save money, and satisfy your ass for new seats. :)

Im sure the sparcos are lighter, but honestlly the weight savings isnt worth the money.

·
Registered
483 Posts
I got my seats for about 350 I beleive. They are just some no-name mazdaspeed seats, but they are much lighter than stock, comfortable, and they dont blow the wallet or have the "racing" look to them.

Also they dont make noises. :shrug:

If I was you I would say forget the sparco and just get a couple of new seats from ebay. :shrug: They will flow better with the semi-performance theme, save money, and satisfy your ass for new seats. :)

Im sure the sparcos are lighter, but honestlly the weight savings isnt worth the money.

I wold like to buy them ... but if I see their shipping price I could die :D

·
Premium Member
11,480 Posts
Yeah, Im pretty sure that price was shippped in the US. I dont know if anyone ships seats overseas.....

·
Premium Member
3,505 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
those mazdaspeed ones are pretty sweet. they recline too :tup:.

but ide be getting an insane deal on the seat and harness.

sorta like, free? and they are already attatched to mx6 rails.

·
Premium Member
3,505 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
hah thats what im saying. but it would be like a favor, so if i did get it ide have to use it. I couldnt just sell it...

·
Registered
1,588 Posts
i got two sparco's in the front (helped me lose 50lbs)

love em...don't care if my car isn't the fastest thing out there. as long as the car is tastefully done and not overtly ricey (plus you have the hp to back it up anyways) you can rock the racing seats...

yes...i said rock

·
Premium Member
3,505 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
you should, totally hook me up with some pictures. from in and out :D

1 - 20 of 64 Posts