Mazda MX-6 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I guess it depends on the amount of cash you drop in it...let's say about $5-8k. Is it really worth it to get a sc, and performance parts? What times do people with 4cyl mods (sc, other big mods) get?

·
Registered
91 Posts
I am installing a supercharger this weekend on my 2.0L Ill let you know the times next week when I go to the track.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Want lost of power????

if you want a daly driver you can easly
get up to 400hp. no lie.
i dont know where you live but chances are
you have a speedshop around, but you have to
find the right one. theres a guy where i live,
hes a custom fabracator. with the right valve
job and piston setup you can run 10psi and make
about 400hp. but you also have to stop.
with that much hp you need to custom make
brakes and have an accumilator. if you can find
the right place to do this thats the best place to start. they should listen to your needs,
wants and help you with sugjestion.
good luck.

·
Registered
314 Posts
I am assuming also a supercharger in that setup right? I don't get it, how can you get 400hp(crank right?) from the 4cyl with just those few things done. I talked to Thomas Knight Turbo people and they said the 4cyl MX6 is about 98hp at wheels....

I am intrigued, if you can provide more info I'd like to know exactly what I can do. I have a 4cyl and want to make it fast.

·
Registered
763 Posts
yeah, I got the 4-cyl motor as well... no mods right now except for exhaust, and ngk wires...

I am having a hard time deciding whether I should starting modding the engine right now, and down the road invest in a turbo or supercharger, or would it be better to swap a v6 motor or a j-spec motor...

too many decisions, not enough money:(

·
Registered
26 Posts
400hp

Listen; **** the jspec motor and the 6cly.
Go to a professional machinist and have a long talk with him. Internals are the best place to start, it not all about how much psi you have, it's about the internals. He will tell you "any good machinist anyway" that light wait rods, good pistons, sleeves, port and polish head, and so on will get you the most power. Turbo and supercharging is just the kick the motor needs for its full potential. Now go and find the best machinist you have in your area.
Good luck.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts