Mazda MX-6 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter #1
Just bought an 96 ls. Had a custom cool air intake installed with a matrix filter. THe plastic piping runs down under the splashgaurd, opening up underneath the car. This creates somewhat of a ram-air effect. This is what the shop told me. Anyway it has boosted the power dramtically. I'm just wonering what a new Greddy exhaust and an air intake would drop the 0-60 time down to with an experienced driver?(not that I'm one).

·
Registered
283 Posts
well i own a 1993 auto mx6 and on the autos u cant have a intake to the bottom but me and my father the mechanic figured it out and now i have one to teh bootom also the exhaust i have a naxos full exhaust dtm pipoing and trust me it does make a diffrence the exahust that we have is good but this is better more air more power bigger pioping apso helps make sure u get that ok .

G

·
Discussion Starter #5
Read my post on the "Exhaust Confused" qustion. The more air you can get into your car and the colder it is the more horse power you can create. Then the more free flowing your exhaust the more horse power you can create also. Email if you want to know more. [email protected]

·
Registered
1,306 Posts
Though adding a cold air intake, headers and exhaust will increase the HP in your car, it won't increase it as dramatically as you may think. Sure, you'll be able to feel the difference once you have all of the intake and exhaust components installed, however, if you only have 1 thing installed, say a cold air intake, that might only produce a couple of HP and may not even decrease your 0-60 times. Ideally, in order to really help the car 'breathe" you'd want to have all of the intake and exhaust components installed. if you have a cold air intake, headers, high flow cat, cat back exhaust, then you'll really be able to actually feel the HP gains and see the 0-60 times improve.

After the accessories have been installed, it's always good to play with the fuel delivery and then get your car dynoed and get a custom chip made to work with your specific settings. That way, you'll get the most HP aout of your car.

People always think that by adding an intake to their engine, they'll get the 15HP that the guy in the store said you would get! If that were true, then I would have 15HP for my intake and 25HP for the GReddy exhaust!, That would make my car have more than 200HP with just 2 mods!!!

·
Registered
1,062 Posts
Its always a good idea to add an aftermarket exhaust. don't expect wonders but it'll sound better as well as help out! i say go for it if you have the money. bosal makes the brospeed (summit racing), and bruellen brullenexhaust.com and greddy, and hks, these are the first one's off the top of my head. look around. happy hunting

1 - 7 of 7 Posts