Mazda MX-6 Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How difficult is it to tint your own windows...I've never done anything like this before. Do you need to take apart the door? Is it more worth my while to just pay someone with experience to do it. My local performance shop won't tint past legal. I think they said it was 35% for the state of Maine. can anyone confirm legal limit and how far past it can you get away with without getting harrassed.

·
Boostaholic
2,029 Posts
Jd has a point on there... Heh!
Anywayz it's not that hard to do... Altough my sixer got Special T treatment. No films, just sprayed layer on the glas. Looks stunning, not a single bubble on the corners or in the surroundings on rear glasses...
Mici

·
Registered
24 Posts
I got mine tinted with film and they are 35% in the front and 20% on the rear three windows. I looks great and i have pic of my car : http://y42.photos.yahoo.com/bc/sghofstetter/lst?.dir=/steve's+Mx6&.view=t

It looks pretty good and i would go to a pro if you want them done right. I got mine done at the place that tint windows for the Honda/Acura dealership. It cost me 120 bucks. If you dont want little tinny bubbles around the egdes you need to figure out a way to either coverthem with something or sand them off. Later

1 - 4 of 4 Posts