Mazda MX-6 Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
On the MX-6, you can adjust the hight of the hood by moving these 2 rubber things under the hood. I was just wondering what they should be proporly set at?? I looked at them and they were all the way down which means the hood closed totally, however, if I want to get air into the intake shouldn't I raise them alittle???

·
Registered
3,167 Posts
JDean55 said:
On the MX-6, you can adjust the hight of the hood by moving these 2 rubber things under the hood. I was just wondering what they should be proporly set at?? I looked at them and they were all the way down which means the hood closed totally, however, if I want to get air into the intake shouldn't I raise them alittle???

Those bumpers are there mainly for trimming the hood-closed height so the panel is flush with the fenders when closed. They also act as a cushion when closing the hood and to help to keep it from fluttering at high speed.

Your intake is getting air from a passage that runs in front of the A/C condensor, not from the gap where the hood closes. I'd leave them where they are if the panel-fit is right.

[Edited by Mike 94PGT on 03-01-2001 at 05:14 PM]

·
Registered
45 Posts
My hood flutters at high speed. What rubber things are you talking about? Easy to adjust? I will look at my car this afternoon.

PeMiL

1 - 3 of 3 Posts