Mazda MX-6 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was just wondering how easy it is to grab performance after markets items for these cars, specifically the GT's??

·
Registered
318 Posts
There is a limited amount you can do, without custom work, but there are aftermarket things available. Since the GT has the turbo, its options are quite big.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Performance Exhaust

I have absolutely nothing against imports, I'm looking to grab a 1st gen. GT myself, but are there any quality performance exhaust systems that won't make it sound like a coffee grinder??

·
Registered
318 Posts
I dunno how the HKSs' sound, cuz I don't have the need for one since I have an LX. But, your best bet would be, not to buy an HKS or Pacesetter, but go have a custom one made.

·
Registered
270 Posts
I have the HKS cat back. It is very quiet compared to Honda standards:) The turbo helps to keep exhaust levels to an acceptable level, even with a straight through muffler design. It also looks stock, so noboddy has any idea what you've got under the hood... just my style:D

·
Premium Member
3,962 Posts
The HKS sounds nice. Not loud at all. As far as other options. There isnt much out there compared to other cars like hondas and dsm's, but there's enough to help you get by and anything else you need can be custom done.

[Edited by anarchyx34 on 02-28-2001 at 10:11 AM]

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
HKS Exhaust Systems

How much does the HKS exhaust system cost for a 1st. Gen MX-6?? Basically the whole system, not just cat-back.

·
Registered
32 Posts
the HKS system i believe everyone is talking about is about 470 at nopi.com. it is a cat back though. not aware of any other system HKS offers other than the cat back.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts