Mazda MX-6 Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I really need some #s, I need pin diameter, journal diameter and rod length. What I really need is about 2.2" journal, 0.997" piston pin diameter, and a rod lengths of about 6".

·
Registered
4,171 Posts
HillBilly said:
HOw long is my rod,I really need some #s,

I thing thats what you need to be asking your girlfriend:rolleyes:
seriously though the rod is almost 7" in lenght(6.xx)

·
Registered
3,068 Posts
this post belongs in the lounge, i'm sorry!

Well, according to magik8, your rod is only 6.24" long(center to center), and 2.125" wide --- at least that's what the pictures he posted show... (now why is magik8 posting pictures of your rod on the internet? who knows... )

Now, if you wanted to use a 7" rod in your engine.... you'd have increase the stroke of your crankshaft, and you might also have to change your piston. Unfortunately, by increasing the length of the stoke, you are going to change the thrust angle, which will limit your max rpms, but it will increase your torque. Of course you'll have to adjust your timing to get an optimal bang, for the increased stroke. I'm sure your partner, err, I mean engine will will appreciate all the extra attention that is required to make a 7" rod happen. :)

Of course, most of us are satisfied with the size of our rods, being both long and thick, something the high reving small displacement honda's can only dream about. :)

·
Registered
3,068 Posts
Aye, some honda's maybe fast, but as FlySwat pointed out, they have short rods. My....racing partners...ahem, appreciate the pleasent balance and control, that longer rods can provide, especially the high torque due to the thrust angle of the long thick rods between our crankshafts and pistons....like only the F2/F2T engines can provide....Not to mention the durability and longevity of our rods? I dare say the only '6 owners who have had any problems with their rods, didn't have enough lubrication on their bearings. And we all know how bad it is to not have enough lubrication on our rods. Not at all like those Honda owners that break their short thin rods by over-reving.

okay. enough is enough. no more rod talk tonight. :)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts