Mazda MX-6 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5,550 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
O.K. ! I've recently lowered the back of my MX6{the front has been low for years} It now sits at 345mm from the center of the hub to the lip of the arc of the guard, all round. I wasn't actually aiming for all of them to be the same it just worked out like that. The thing is I am not quite sure if I like the look.
You see depending how you look at it ...The over all look of the car looks lower at the front, but when you look at the floor pan from the side {ie underneath between the wheels} It almost looks as if it is running up to the front. Now obviously the wheel arch at the front is a different shape/size to front, but before with the back being higher it just looked more ..I duunow spunky!!
Well the reason for this post is to get some input on how low you've got your ride or how low would you like to have your ride?
Incidentally It handles better and when you give her some curry it doesn’t writhe up like a mad horse..{More correctly it doesn’t sink at the back...}So I am happy with the performance aspect of the job.
So please give me your stats and opinion!
Cheers Guys…
PK
;)

·
Registered
1,291 Posts
1 3/4 inches all they way around with 18" rims. and 225/45 tyres

·
Registered
5,550 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
G'day silver I thought tis might happen. That 1 and 3/4 inches must be from the top of the tyres to the wheel arch?? ..I wonted to know the measurement between the center of the wheel and the wheel arch. Because obviously tyres and rim size will vary from car to car .. This would really help me thanks guys.
PK

·
Registered
5,550 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
That’s excellent mate, would you say your car looks level or raked in any particular direction?

·
Registered
1,291 Posts
Here you go. Have a look yourself. Does not rub or bottom out

It's a little bit lower now that the spings have worn in.

·
Registered
5,550 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Well that certainly looks lower at the front and yet level with the ground . And it is only a little lower than my baby {5mm to be exact} Ok question answered ..I guess I just got o get used to the new look!!
Cheers mate.
PK

1 - 7 of 7 Posts