Mazda MX-6 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How many kms do you get per tank on the V6? I have an 88 Mazda 626 (2.2L 12 valve) and I get like 500kms per tank (city driving).

Please let me know, I'm thinking about getting a MX6 V6, but I'm worried about gas.

·
Registered
182 Posts
i have a 93 mx6 v6 and i get about 600kms to a tank of gas. right now gas costs 73.9cents per liter here in bc, and it costs about $34.00 to fill up the tank from empty. hope this helps you out.

·
Registered
324 Posts
I get 500-525 km per tank and that's a mix of both highway and city driving.
I could prbably get more if I don't gun it at the lights or run on the 407 at 150kph+.
This is with a 93 LS V6 and with all the regular oil (synthetic) changes, proper tire pressure, k & n filter, etc.
BTW, regular gas starts at .61 cents here in Markham

·
Registered
176 Posts
I get around 500 - 540 km to a tank of gas with a mix of highway and a little city driving.

·
Registered
34 Posts
I just filled up today, I had 440km done and I put in 40 liters... That adds up to 9.09 liters/100kms wich is way better than the 11l/100km suggested in a car magazine I have, but it was mostly highway... plus I just put in a can of injector cleaner... That probably did the trick coz I used to do 10l/100km + ... But I have no mods on my 6. These cars are pretty economical for v6's compared to my fathers Nissan pickup with a 2.4L I4 that goes around 12 or 13l/100km!

·
Registered
100 Posts
mileage

I usually only put $20 of premium (rughly half a tank) in at a time and get around 225-250 km for it.

Hey Speedstar something sounds definitely wrong with that car besides the O2 sensors. "125 km per tank" - geesh!!!
I hope that's half a tank.

·
Registered
120 Posts
i get about 450 clicks on a med grade fill up. no engine mods. that's just city. seems like i get a little below average kms/tank.

davewmartin: damn, u lucky guy!

·
Registered
182 Posts
i guess i am getting pretty good gas mileage. i don't know what kind of wheels and tires you guys are riding around on, but i know that a larger wheel and tire will give you much shittier gas mileage, and rob you of a few horsepower. right now i am using the stock wheels and tire size. i am sure that my intake, headers, and exhaust, also help with the good mileage. i hear that the i.c.e pak or msd digital ignition really helps with fuel consumption. i think i'm gonna try that next. one thing you guys might want to try is to replace your rotor and cap. i changed my plugs, rotor and cap this spring, and i noticed a big change in the responsiveness of my car. try it out.
dave m.

·
Smot-Poker
1,499 Posts
:)

On average I get 450-500kms per tank of Sunoco 94 and I dont use any other gas except that...

·
Registered
1,185 Posts
i use regular 87 octane from crappy tire :eek:
well actually once every month i fill some 94 octane to clear up the system... i wish i was rich or employed! anyone wanna hire me? :D

·
Registered
122 Posts
Holy Crap!

Whoa... :eek:

I get something like 325km per full tank of premium 94 octane. :(

Would something be wrong? Fuel gauge or O2 Sensors? sheeesh :confused:

·
Registered
1,185 Posts
i doubt its the fuel gauge, but somethings really wrong there... if i was you first off i'd pull my codes and check for a bad O2 sensor, then next i'd spend 10 bucks and buy a fuel treatment to clean out all the impurities and then by an injector cleaner and if you got time clean out your TB... after that the car should be running pristine..

·
Registered
122 Posts
Already pulled out the codes... Nothing there...

Do the codes for the o2 sensors come up when the o2 sensors are in bad shape or does it come out only when they're almost dead? :confused:

I fed my darling six a bottle of stp injector cleaner the other day.. made a hell of a difference! :D
I think I'll have to put some more!

As for fuel treatments... Any recomendations?

·
Registered
1,185 Posts
regarding the O2 sensors when theyre in bad shape you'll get the code along with crap fuel mileage and rough idling... for the fuel treatment i used mystery fuel treatment which may have helped since i have heard wonders about it, but with my bad 02 sensors i couldnt tell... BTW did u ever replace your fuel filter? that could make a huge difference and its only 20 - 30 bucks i believe..

·
Registered
122 Posts
Huuuuuuuuuuum... fuel filter.... :eek:

No I hadn't thought of that.. just got my beauty 2 months ago... :)
hanx for the input, i'll check it out!:)

·
Registered
182 Posts
changing the fuel filter is a good idea. something i should probably do. but really guys, if you have never changed your rotor and cap, i would really recommend that you do so. a weak spark is really going to hold you back, and your fuel is just going to get sucked right through if it isn't being burnt.
dave m.

·
Registered
40 Posts
I'll atest to that! My distributor crapped out some 4 weeks ago so I got it replaced by Mazda (warranty covered about half the cost). Previous to the new part being installed, I was getting about 510Km average. Just recently I topped off at close to 600Km. Sunoco 94 as well -- no other. I also place a bottle of Redline fuel injector cleaner in the tank whenever I do an oil change.

Later,
Peter

·
Registered
59 Posts
pretty good...

i get about 500-525km per tank with the fuel light solidly on with mixed driving...though mainly highway.

I did recently do once about 600 on the tank but that was all highway.

1 - 20 of 36 Posts